cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TAXINN QUERY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have a query in TAXINN procedure.wat is the actual use of tax code.when we are using taxinn wat is the use of tax code when values are picked from condition records(fv11).we can choose vendor /material /plant combination with out tax code also.while maintaining condition record fv11 how to choose the combination.please tell me in detail how values are picked up in the purchase order.earlier when I posted this thread I got a reply from Mr Gregory that taxcode is dummy and tax code can be different in different scenarios .In which scenario tax code can be dummy.please send a reply.Mr Gregory if you r watching this thread please give me a reply.

thanks n regards

veer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using TAXINN then please note the below points in case of Tax codes.

1. If you are using a Key combination such as Plant/Vendor/Control Code then you will maintain the value for this combination in condition record & also you have to specify a tax code (which is a dummy tax code).

Note that since the taxcode is not a part of your key combination system wont consider the tax code which you have maintaned in the condtn records in other words it acts as a dummy.

2. If you are maintaining the condtn records for the combination of say Plant/Vendor/taxcode (for Example) or for the combination of tax classification ( like in TAXINJ) then this tax code which you are maintianing is a valid one & system will consider the tax code as a factor when determining the condtn records in the PO.

Hope this will give you enough clarification.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member660933
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

TAXINN is condition based and it will not depend on TAx codes it will fetch the condtion value based on the condition record. So you have to maitain you condition record based on acess sequence. Now if you select zero tax code it will not display condition price since you have maitained at tax clasification level 0. Now for other tax codes system will look for condtion record and it searches first at tax clasification level there you have not maitained any condition record so it will go to next which is at plant/material and vendor combination so it is picking up tax amount.

Thats the reason inTAXINN you can work with only 2 tax codes . 1 with zero tax and 2 with taxes. if you want each tax code should have different taxes then maitain for each tax code different tax coditions at tax classification level.

So if your plant, material and vendor is same for diffetent POs and if you select different tax codes then also system will pick up taxes based on the conditon records maitaned for plant, material and vendor combination and not based on tax code. To active based on tax code then you have to use TAX clasification for each tax code. If you do that then it will not depend on plant, material and vendor combination but it will depend on tax codes.

For Maitaining TAxes for each Tax code level you have to include Tax classification table in your acces sequence

SPRO >> Financial Accounting >> Financial Accounting Global Setting >> Tax on Sales / Purchaes >> Check tAx claculation Procedure >> Access sequence >> JTAX / JST1 you can include 003 table ( Tax Classification) before 363 - Plant/Vendor/Material.

Regards,

Shailesh