cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Depreciation Adjustment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

For our 2009 assets, we charged 168 k bonus dep. on some of the assets on tax depreciation area 10(ACRS/MACRS), Now our Audit company told us , we should not have taken bonus calcualtion for depreciaiton on these assets, Whats the best way to adjust depreciation on these assets?

Regards

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How was the bonus depreciation calculated on the asset? Did you use a depreciation key that calculated special depreciation or did you calculate it yourself and post it manually?

[-nathan|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/Nathan+Genez]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nathen,

Thanks for your reply, I define the dep key for bonus calc. as per explained by you in your blog. so its done thru dep key , i never calculated it manually.We went live this year in April,2010 for our fixed assets and I uploaded all the legacy assets as per legacy data.The bonus calc. was charged wrongly for 2009 assets in our legacy system, I already ran 3 months of depreciation on these assets.Please suggest, what is the best way to coup with it, I cannot do a write up in depreciation value, cuz write up works only for last fiscal year, and 2010 is our first live year in asset accounting.Thanks

Regards

Shaun