cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax code problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Taxinj tax procedure with different tax codes as per the sale tax like VAT 4 % and VAT 12.5 % ,CST etc.

Now somebody has made the changes in % of sale tax in JIN6 in existing tax code and save it.Then craete the sales order with that tax code(with wrong %) and do the cycle upto Billing.

After knowing all this issue I have made that changes back in that tax code but now systen is not determing the sales tax conditions in pricing procedure.UTXJ condition type is picking the relevant tax code and it also picks the Excise values correctly but not tha sale tax conditions.

In previous open sales orders system is picking the JIN6 but for new orders it is not picking.

What should I do?

Please help me.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Correct the percentages in the earlier tax code as suggested by lakshmipathi.

2) Create a new tax code with the required percentages and then determine this new tax code using UTXJ.

Regards,

GSL.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil

This is for correction in my above reply, U maintain condition record for JIN6 in VK19 which reflects in FTXP as rightly guided by Mr. Lakshmipati.

And before u create new record u have to deactivate the previous one i.e. Deletion Indicator is to be marked.

U can again check the status, by clicking blue tab for Status Information, for the Active Condition Record.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin

One small correction - Sunil has indicated that he is in TAXINJ for which, we are not suppose to use VK19. Only for TAXINN, we need to use.

For TAXINJ, you should use only FTXP the respective tax codes are to be assigned in VK11 / UTXJ.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipati

Thanks for your guidance sir.

I will definitely take due care to verify my concepts before posting replies to critical threads.

People like me always required to be corrected and guided by the experts like you.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now I have deactivated the JIN6 field and put the original % and save it but still it is not showing the JIN6 percentage in new sales orders.

It is still showing the correct % in old sales orders and even if I am putting the new line item in old sales order it is still working.

There is validity problem I think.What should I do more?

One more clarification I want.

As per SAP notes in TAXINJ we can use VK19 for maintaining the Excise condition % like JMOD ,JECS and J1AX otherwise we need to remove stastical mark from Taxinj then only we can put % for Ecxise in Tax code.

JIN6 and JIN7 we are directly maintaining in FTXP.

If we are maintaining sale tax rate in FTXP we can see that values reflected in VK19 also for JIN6 and JIN7.

Then why we cannot use VK19 in TAXINJ?

I need your help Lakhsmi.

Regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil

In FTXP, b4 making changes to the correct percentage, have you clicked on "Deactivate line" ??

You have to make changes only after clicking this tab. Nevertheless in billing document if you want to redetermine VAT percentage, click on "Update" button at the bottom screen and again double click on "G"

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil

As u said in old open orders JIN6 is getting picked

even if u carry out new pricing with Update tab in Sales Order. ?

Whether this tax rate is the old one or the new one ?

Please check the Validity Period maintained in the Condition Record.

Hope this helps u.

Edited by: K.sachin on Sep 20, 2008 3:12 PM