Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Calculation based on formula

former_member458725
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a user defined form with columns for tax code and Tax amount. I have mapped the CFL of taxcode to Taxcode field, My requirement is to calculate the tax amount based on the original formula of the taxcode i have selected.

Is there any option to find the taxamount using System formula for a user defined form.

Thank You

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vibin,

Vibin Varghese wrote:

I have a user defined form with columns for tax code and Tax amount. ...

What information is this form supposed to show to the user ?

Regards,

Johan

former_member458725
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to show the Tax amount when I select the Taxcode in user defined form.

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The tax amount of what ? A certain invoice, or a certain customer, or a certain period, or something else ?

Regards,

Johan

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vibin,

You can write a small query that uses the OVTG (tax definitions) and VTG1 (date and rate) tables.

Regards,

Johan

former_member458725
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

OK, based on the Tax definitions and rate i can write a query. But what if they changed the formula of tax code in Tax Engine Configuration > Tax Formula.

At this time i  need to update all the query and FS which is written for TAX Amount calculation. That's the reason I need to use the tax formula of system to calculate my tax amount.

Hope you understand what i mean.

Thank You

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vibin,

Sorry, I am not familiar with the Tax Engine (?). Is it an addon ?

Does it dynamically change the tax configuration in OVTG or does it directly calculate the tax in documents ?

Regards,

Johan

former_member458725
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, there we can configuring the tax formula for auto tax amount calculation in system document.

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vibin,

Ok, in that case you could write your query to "reverse engineer" the formula, from the used tax code, prices, amounts and resulting tax sum.

You could contact the makers of the Tax Engine addon, and ask them what the formula is. They may even be able to better advise you on how to proceed.

Alternatively, there already is a VatSum field in the document rows tables. Perhaps the addon writes its resulting amount into that field ?

Regads,

Johan

former_member458725
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you help me with writing the query. I do not have any idea how to write query based on formula, because the formula can be changed with may effect the query which I have written.

Thank You