cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Automatic Account Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can you pls provide brief explanation of Tax Automatic Account Determination. I would like to understand linkage among Tax Procedure, Tax Code, Tax Type, Tax Rate, Condition Types, Condition Tables, Calculation Tables, Access Sequence and Account Key.

Krish

Moderator: Please, search before posting

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

See this [article|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/047ab790-0201-0010-a9b1-e612f8b71dcd?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true] about Tax Interface Configuration Guide in this site.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have done the below Configuration.

1.OBCN

MWS and VST are created as Output Tax and Input Tax respectively.

2.Check Calculation Procedure: OBYZ

Under Control records, Below combinations are maintained with Condition Types and Account Keys.

MWVS-VST; MWAS-MWS

3.Assign Country to Calculation Procedure: OBBG

Assigned Tax procedure to Country

4.Define Tax Codes for Sales and Purchases :FTXP (Tax Automatic Account Determination )

Maintained Tax Rates for Tax Codes.

5.Define Tax Accounts: OB40

Maintained Accounts for Account Keys MWS,VST.

Till here, I am clear and its working fine as well.

I have noticed that MWAS,MWVS Condition Types are linked to the same Access Sequence MWST.

I am getting confused with Access Sequence what role it plays? Can you pls provide me brief explanation.

Why its linked to Condition Types?

Pls clarify my doubts.

Thanks

Krish

Edited by: SRKRISHNA on Jan 29, 2012 11:43 AM

former_member765905
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I hope you are working with Formula Based Tax Procedure.

Actually there are Two types of Tax Procedure.

1. Formula Based Tax Procedure - Here SD and MM Module will use the Same Tax Procedure(Input and Output Tax).

2. Condition Based Tax Procedure - Here only MM Module will use the Tax Procedure(Only Input Tax).

As you noticed that MWAS, MWVS Condition Types are linked to the same Access Sequence MWST.

MWST is the Key Combination, which will be appeared in T-Code: FV11.

This Key Combination is maintained in T-Code: OBYZ - Access Sequence - Check the Key Combinations.

In T-Code: FV11, with respect to Key Combination the Tax Code/Tax Rates will be triggered automatically.

i.e., Tax Code or Tax Rates are triggered automatically with respect to the Key Combination maintained in T-Code: FV11.

Regards,

GK

SAP

former_member765905
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Tax Automatic Account Determination is done in T-Code: OB40 with respect to Account keys from MM perspective (This is done in Tax Procedure) and for SD perspective we do the Tax Automatic Account Determination in T-Code: VKOA with respect to Account keys.

Link among Tax Procedure and Tax Code in maintained in T-Code: VK11(SD Perspective) and in T-Code: FV11(MM Perspective).

In T-Code: OBWW, We link the Withholding Tax Type and Withholding Tax Codes for TDS.

Tax Type and Tax Rate in maintained and link in T-Code: FTXP and Rate changes according to the combination maintained in T-Code: FV11 and VK11, this combination is the Access Sequence

Condition Types and Account Keys are maintained in Tax Procedure, were GL Accounts are triggered according to the Account Keys, which are maintained in T-Code: OB40 and Condition Tables are maintained in Pricing procedures which are related to SD Module, the GL Accounts will be triggered according to the Account Keys maintained in T-Code: VKOA.

Access Sequence is a combination maintained to provide Tax rates according to the different combinations with the Tax Codes.

Regards,

GK

SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to bellow link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_rc10/helpdata/en/9e/0b941b0fd64873bc54e8745fb044e7/content.htm

http://www.sap-img.com/financial/ftxp-create-a-tax-code.htm

1.Check Calculation Procedure: OBYZ

2.Assign Country to Calculation Procedure: OBBG

3.Define Tax Codes for Sales and Purchases :FTXP (Tax Automatic Account Determination )

4.Define Tax Accounts: OB40

5.Condition record :FV11

Thanks,

Raviteja

Edited by: Ravi Teja.T on Jan 27, 2012 10:59 AM

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos