cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task type for ERP Transaktions

0 Kudos

Hello,

how it is possible to execute a transaction for a GUI application? When I insert the transaction code in the business transaction type of the task I get only the SAP GUI for HTML transaction in the launchpad.

Is it not possible to execute the SAPGUI Logon?

Many thanks for an answer - maybe this could be a showstopper for my client!

Kind regards, Claudia

thomas_kunze
Advisor
Advisor

Hi, you are right, once you open the HTML GUI you can work as usual. SAP GUI itself will not open and it is not possible. HTML GUI is working quite well.

Regards

Thomas

0 Kudos

Thanks for you answer Thomas, but I guess that I have to cancel the project. My client will exclusively use only SAP GUI.

What I just want to ask: AFC is modelled also to join ERP systems to BTP. Is it then a prerequisite to use the launchpad togehter with the GUI?

Kind regards, Claudia

thomas_kunze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia, you can use AFC only with HTML GUI for pure GUI transactions.

Most closing tasks would / should be a job and so this is fine.

I tried myself some SAP GUI transactions and HTML GUI is working fine. The handling is a bit different compared to SAP GUI but still working well. E.g. FB01 you could offer as a pure manual task at AFC or with the Tcode FB01 maintained and HTML GUI would open. But at the end the end user still has the possibility to go to SAP GUI directly, create the FI journals and come back to AFC task and maintain the status.

Going towards SAP S/4HANA more and more functionalities will have got Fiori UI only. So your customer has to go soon or later to Fiori.

Regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)