cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talent Management BAdI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a BAdI for Talent Management. Within the Talent Profile (MSS->Employee Performance & Development->Talent information-> Talent Profile) I want to change the color scheming for performance and scale.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Megan:

Now here's a question I've never seen asked before on SDN! Excellent question. I've actually been asked about this by clients more than a couple times. Eventually everyone has stuck with the SAP delivered color schemes, but the topic definitely comes up.

I'm not suggesting the way we were going to change the colors is the only way (or even the best way), but here's one option for you.

If you go to SE80 and select mime repository, you'll navigate to SAP -> PUBLIC -> BC -> UR -> nw5 -> themes -> sap_tradeshow (or whatever theme you're using) -> common -> thresholdslider.

Now you'll see a bunch of different .gif files. Theoretically you can download and upload here. So you have all the gif files here. You could create your new gif that's identical, but with the same colors and put it in here. As a warning, don't expect all the filenames to make sense to what rating they actually represent.

For a broader warning, one thing I caution people about is how SAP uses those color schemes in a few different places you've gotta keep track of each you're using and it may not be worth it for just the color schemes. Additionally, if you're using the Predefined Performance Management process, the appraisal overview tab of the review uses the color schemes as well, but they're part of the actual Flash .swf file. Changing these colors here won't help that. I don't know of anything short of changing the .swf file that will accomplish adjusting colors in the PMP final rating function.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Chris

ps - out of curiosity is the issue you're trying to work around that your customer doesn't think it's right that a person rated 3 out of 5 should be colored yellow?

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, that was a much better answer than mine

Thanks for the info Chris!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris. That is exactly what I am trying to do. A 3/5 on a 5-point scale should not be a yellow. I have been provided with a color scheme and am trying to modify the threshold slider to meet the requirements. I need to add colors Blue and Purple.

Class CL_WD_THRESHOLD constants e_color contains all the colors I can use.

Threshold slider in Public -> BC -> UR ->NW5 does not contain these colors. How can I download them in here? I think that would solve my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Megan:

Note the full path required

"If you go to SE80 and select mime repository, you'll navigate to SAP -> PUBLIC -> BC -> UR -> nw5 -> themes -> sap_tradeshow (or whatever theme you're using) -> common -> thresholdslider."

You've gotta go past nw5 for navigation to find the .gif files

Thanks,

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Megan,

I haven't heard of any Talent Mgmt BAdI that does this. I think you would have to change the Web Dynpro directly.

Best regards,

Luke