cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tables MCHA and MCH1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When I am creating a batch from tx MSC1N , if I do not assign a plant while creating the batch it gets saved to the table MCH1 and If I create a batch with the plant information then it gets saved to the table MCHA.

That is , batches for a material get saved to the MCH1 table as well as the MCHA table (if a plant is assigned) while the ones that are not assigned to a plant get saved to the MCH1 table only.

Could you kindly let me know the difference between the tables MCHA and MCH1 and why this happens ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also how can i later on assign a batch to a plant if i don't add the plant for the first time when i create a batch ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

MCH1 is the table for the batches if it is managed at cross plant and mcha is for the batches.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i know the plants they are maintained at as MCH1 does not give any plant information .

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

once the batch is used in a certain plant, then MCHA gets extended automatically.

If a batch is used in plant then you always have MCHA and MCH1 records, however, the fields within are maintained dependend on the batch level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen ,

Thanks for your helpful input. Could you also tell me how to assign a batch to a plant if I do not specify the plant at the time of creation of the batch ? I am unable to do it through MSC2N.Looking forward to your input.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhilasa,

If no one else has repliedl simply use MSC1n to create the actual batch-to-plant association. You will not be able to maintain plant on the existing non-plant designated record. Essentially you will be extendind the record to the correct plant.

Hope this help.