cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table J_1IEXCDTL - EXBAS isnt updated -Excise Base Amt not flowing to ARE1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

This is in continuation to the earlier post.......Excise Duty Base Amount is not flowing into ARE1...Iam here briefing up the earlier post details:

When I am creating ARE-1 for the Exports Excise Invoice, Excise Duty Base Amount is not flowing into ARE1 but BED and other cess conditions are flowing into ARE1

Liable to AT1 and Indicator NCCD is checked and in my pricing procedure NCCD condition is not maintained as its not required.

The latest patch updated in my system is SAPKH600011 (Logistics and Accounting).....

Most importantly the Excise base amount field is not seen in the Excise Invoice but in ARE1 this field is in display mode and Excise base value is not flowing into the Table J_1IEXCDTL field EXBAS.

Someone Pl help me on this issue.

Thanks

Sasi

Edited by: j sasi on Jul 9, 2008 7:13 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sasi,

Check if you have two pricing conditions which stores the subtotal or value of the price less discount ..... I you ahve just PR00 as the price condition then the excise base amout gets calculated because Price is passed as the EXBAS,

But if you ahve another pricing condition or a subtotal then ensure that the value you want to pass to EXBAS is the only one not statistical and all others including PR00 is statistical.

You should not use JASS if your PR00 is set. Because JASS overides your PR00 condition and is used as the EXBAS. USe JASS only if you want to manually enter the assesssable value. Normally the transaction value nett of discounts are what is used for assessable value.

Hope this helps.

regds

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jude for the inputs,

As per the client requirement ,PR00 entries are made manual.....and marked it as Required(Mandatory) and Statistical ...

My second step has cond type JASS...which is Mandatory and has ERL assigned to it....

Step Co Conditype From To Man Req Stat Print Subtotal Requirement Cal type Base type Acct ke

10 0 ZPR0 X X X

15 0 JASS 10 20 X X ERL

During sales order the user enters both PR00 and JASS manually and the system inactivates the PR00 and calculation is taken on JASS....and finally the JASS value is picked as Excise base amount...

Pl advice me .....

Thanks

Sasi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alpesh_saparia3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To get the excise base value at the time of excise invoice, following are the conditions in J1IIn.

Condition type of Assessable value shoud not be statistical and "Condition class" should be "B-Prices" and "Condition category" should be "G-Cost" or "H-Basic price".

If you dont have above things configured then you can use user-exit J_1I7_USEREXIT_CALC_EXC_BASE to fill the excise base value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

In my pricing procedure I have maintained PR00 followed by JASS(Assessable Value)...(JINFAC - SD) - TAXINN

As you said JASS is removed as statistical and "Condition class" is "B-Prices" and "Condition category" is "H-Basic price" is maintained.

I hva few questions:

1.When i enter the value against the condition type JASS in the sales order ...ZPR0 gets inactive in the sales order ..is this fine?

2.Do i need to use any Alt cal type or Condition base against PR00 or JASS in my pricing procedure?becoz even now the excise invoice is not showing the excise base value...I dont even see the field for the Excise base amount in the Excis invoice ...wahts the reason for this?

Thanks

Sasi

alpesh_saparia3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. It is not relevent to any of your customized (ZPR0) condition types.

2. You dont need to assign Alt. Calc. or Condition base routine. In J1IIN screen (Excise Invoice) field for Excise base is not provided, but system stores it in background. Try to update excise invoice and then check entry in table J_1IEXCDTL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alpesh,

I have marked PR00 conditin type(Step 10) as a statistical entry and set the JASS conditiontype as(Step 20 ) as non statistical....

Now when i create a sales order the I am entering both PR00 and JASS value by which PR00 gets inactive and pricing is done based on the JASS value...

this way I am able to get the EXBAS updated.....Iam not sure if this is the right way to do it...Pl confirm

Thanks

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sasi,

I think you are making a mistake between manual and mandatory. IN the pricing procedure MAN stands for manual condition and mdt stands for mandatory. Now in the standard, the PR00 is an automatic entry and JASS is a manual and a statistical condition. It is not mandatory. PR00 being the base value for calculation of gross price/nett price it is mandatory.

Most of the customers prefer a manual pricing procedure where PR00, discount, surcharge everything is manual.

In such a case change the appropriate condition type to the manual condition with manual has priority in the settings for condition type.

But here you need to enter the prices and all the conditions manually.

Here you should have only one condition type for pricing condition with the category as basic price. PR00 is normally that condition and so is the P101 which is a Price ( STO). Now if there are several select all others to statistical and only PR00 with an account key assignment to ERL.

Ensure that JASS the assesable value as statistical and manual.

If however you want the JASS as the excise base amount then PR00 will be used for calculation of discounts and and NETT price only but JASS will be the one for Excise base amount.

BAsed on this excise base amount which you will find in the table J_1IEXCHDR the values for BED, ECS and SECS gets calculated.

Either way is O.K but one word of caution. There is an assessable value in the J1ID transaction where you maintain the Assessable value for materials. Its mostly used in TAXINJ. DO not use it or even if that field is filled ensure that you give the JASS assessable value manually at the time of calculating SAles ordr pricing.

If you don;t then there will be an error.

Also check in the analysis whch condition basis value is being taken for calculated in your excise conditions.

This should solve your problem.

Remember calculating assessable value is not a small thing but customers prefer it because reversing excise or paying additional excise is a pain for them. If thats the case then so be it.

But ensure that assessable value is calculated nett of discounts and given there.

In one case I came across where otehr charges, finance charges and transportation were added to the basic price and only on the total excise duty was added and discount was given after calculation of excise duty. Please check your scenario in line with your requirement. Any questions. My pleasure to reply.

regards

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Jude....

We are using ECC6.0 ....in my pricing procedure as I have said earlier....i have set PR00 as Required and Statistical entry....all my discounts and Excise will be calculated based on the PR00 value and the CST/VAT will be on the PR00+Excise duties(BED/Ed/SHEd).....

I am using the JASS as a manual entry and assigned the ERL key to the JASS....User will be entering the same value for both PR00 and JASS and the JASS value that is entered manually is getting picked at the ARE1 as the excise base amount.....

I have earlier tried with only PR00 assigning ERL to PR00.....everything is fine except the Excise basse amount is not flowing into ARE1.....so i made PR00 as statistical and used JASS as above...

Pl correct me if i goin gwrong...and your answers will prove very valuable....

Thanks

Sasi