Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchronize the external software in our database

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i am using sap 2005B with 36 patch

i am developed one software module in .net and i want to synchronize that software to sap database .actualy this task i have done in offline and i got perfect report from that software so i want to confirm if i will make this type of synchronization or connection to sap data base is any problem created please help me or give good solution to me.

regards,

sandip adhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please mention if you are using DI API to access SAP Objects. If you are using DI API to access SAP Tables then there would be no problem.

But if you are using direct insert/ update/ delete statements from your .net software then you would be under great trouble. SAP will not support under any circumstances, if there are any problems caused due to the direct access of SAP tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sir,

i am not going to insert or delete or update any table row in the data base but i am going to use that software module to retrive information from table and just display that information to screen .

means using that module i am going to show

1> warehouse report.

2> sale report.

3> business partner info report.

so in this module i write code and fire query in this code and retrive information from SAP table.

so please give me good solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

From your reply I understood that you are going to write following reports:

1> warehouse report.

2> sale report.

3> business partner info report.

My question here is that you can use the Query Manager to write the SQL Query for the reports and use Query PLD to generate report.

When you use a external application, you have access this outside SAP which clients may not prefer.

Now you have Crystal Reports Integration available with SAP B1 wherein you can create reports within SAP B1 itself.

You can also look for SQL Server Reporting Services which also has capability of generating and deploying reports on web.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sir,

actualy i know the query manager but i want report from that module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open the Query Manager Window and Select the 'Query' for which you want report.

Click the button 'Create Report' on the bottom right of the Query Manager Window

This opens the 'Create User Report' Window

Give a name to the report and select the 'Base Template' from the bottom window

Double click on the report name to open the report in PLD. Arrange the fields in PLD.

To view the report,

Tools -> Queries -> Query Print Layout -> Select the report and click the 'Print Preview' button.

If you double click here, it open the PLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sir,

what ever you told is ok but my issue behind that software is differenc means i want avoid to give sap to particular user means some user require sap only for two to three report so i want give that report through this software module using synchonization so you just tell me if i make this type of connection and retrive information from sap data base and show in report view any problem in that.

regards,

sandip adhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fine I understood the requirement. Your going to use the external software only for Reporting Purposes.

If this is the case, then there won't be any problems coz you are going to retrieve only the values from SAP Database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sir,

i am very thanks about to giveing valuable information

regards,

sandip adhav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

I am wondering why you need to create report by using something outside of B1 environment. XL Reporter can be used to create such reports and report jobs can be run automatically.

Even though you just want to read from B1 table, it still has certain risk to interference with the normal use of B1.

Thanks,

Gordon