Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Factory Calendars

brian_basch
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have recently discovered that we are using the wrong factory calendar for both SD and PM. The wrong one may have been used to generate the scheduled work hours in HR too. We have 2 different custom calendars that need to be used - neither is currently used. One was designed for our 24/7 treatment plant operations. The other was for designed for HR, SD, and equipment with maintenance that is on a typical M-F, excluding holidays. Our current configuration is that all equipment is in one plant.

Would there be any issues switching the calenders in SPRO for SD and PM? After reading many other forum posts, I understand that only one calendar may be assigned to a plant. Is there any problems with using a different calendar in the maintenance plans than the plant calendar?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First of al where do you want to assign different calenders .

Plant is the only place assignement of the calender .

If you want toassign maintenence planning plant with different calender.

Yoyu are bound to get inconsisitencies in course of working because all in MMtransactions& PP transactions calender will be taken from the plant.

If you have different calennder fo maintnenece planning plant it will give inconsisitencies when you raise the PR's mainly if the system generates Pr's for your requirement in MRP.

Hope it is clear to you.

Regards

YMREDDY

brian_basch
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi YM,

The calendar would be assigned to the plant in Logistics and in SD for the sales organization. With only one calendar to be able to be used, we would be selecting the one with the M-F, excluding holidays. Ironically, PS already uses the correct calendar.

Based on your reply, it would be best to just use one calendar and not allow the maintenance plans to use a different one.

When the plant and sales organization calendars are changed via SPRO, will this create any problems other than having to change the current maintenance plans to use the new calendar?

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

neb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Similar situation for me.

Wrong Factory Calendar was assigned to certain Plant.  FI, MM, PP activities were already executed within this plant.

Now somebody wants to assign a different Factory Calendar to the same Plant, meaning unassign the old Factory calendar for this Plant, and assing a new one.

My concern is if it is any impact retaled to documents (FI, MM, PP) already created in this Plant, with the old Factory calendar.

In case there is impact, what should I do to reverse documents and be able to assing new Factory calendar?

Many thanks in advance.

brian_basch
Participant
0 Kudos

Not answered. However, after changing calendar and testing, it appears to be working correctly. No problems have been discovered attributable to the changing of the factory calendar.