cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier invoice workflow for Central Invoice Management

EliasJoostens
Explorer
0 Kudos

When creating a workflow for a supplier invoice, it has to be "blocked" or "parked as complete" before it's activated. Can someone tell me when they will actuale become blocked or parked as complete within the Central Invoice Management Functionality? I only had an invoice parked as complete, when it's without a PO reference, but has a business rule for the account determination. But how can I get it in a blocked state for example? Looking forward to hear any insights on this matter. 

View Entire Topic
heiko_zimmermann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Parked and Completed status:

Invoices will get this status when they are submitted from SAP Ariba Central Invoice Management except when you use the old backend based invoice processing for invoices with purchase orders. Invoices with direct G/L posting items will always get this state when submitted. For invoices with purchase orders you need to switch to the automatic matching processes. You can do this in the app 'Manage Processing Services' with the switch 'Activate Invoice Item Matching'. As soon as this is activated, then we try to match invoice items directly with the purchase order items in SAP Ariba Central Invoice Management. There is no need for the backend matching processes and with this even these invoices can get the 'Parked and Completed' status 

Blocked Invoices:

To trigger this workflow a payment block must be set in the invoice header. This could be either done automatically based on defined deviations in S/4HANA, e.g. if the quantity or price deviates from the purchase order data. Or Payment blocks could be set manually. Unfortunately this is not possible so far direct in SAP Ariba Central Invoice Management and you need to use 'Extensive Edit' to access the invoice in the backend screens. 

EliasJoostens
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you Heiko! By switching to 'activate invoice item matching' in the Manage Processing services app, the invoice now gets the parked and completed status. This way I can trigger the needed workflow.