cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subsequent CR/DR for missing custom duty in the PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear guru,

I got one PO from china buy from Germany, and it supposed to have custom duty of 6.5% but user forgot to enter the value, thus the condition in the PO is there but with 0 custom duty % maintained.

and user found this problem only after GR and IR are posted.

in this case, can your please advice me the details steps how to resolved it, maybe by subsequent dr or cr in the MIRO?

thanks and regards

CW

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Confirm the GL in which you want to post the custom duty.Then do the invoice posting against the GL in G/L account tab in MIRO transaction.

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Since i think you are not required to give details of customs duty paid , work around proposed by Bijay will do whatever you are looking for.

But this is what i personally feel , If it was one GR PO why don't you reverse everything and do it correctly , it isn't that big of task. Plus shouldn't user post customs invoice before making GR and IV ?

This is plain indiscipline issue and you should not propose work around for it , will encourage careless mistakes. And i think entering values directly to G/L accounts in MIRO , quite tarnish credibility of bill booking process as its more like a journal entry.

regards

Avinash

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As custom duty of 6.5% which user forgot to enter the real value in the respective condition type in PO and then user carry  out transactions like such as GR and IR are posted.So now as custom duty not available in PO, so custom duty is a unpplanned cost and you can post unplanned cost to separate G/L account in t.code: MIRO  by selecting "Subsequent Debit" .

Refer link for deatils for posting unplanned cost:

http://e-mory.blogspot.in/2007/05/sap-miro-enter-freight-cost-to.html

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Actually i'm a bit struggling what should be the GL account to be entered for the custom duty?

for example this condition YY01 Custom duty, the setup will be GL account 90123 in the account assignment determination, but for my case, we dont have anything posted earlier during Gr or IR, so would there be any GL unbalance when direct post the sub. debit?

Additional to that, actually we have this YY01 been determined in the PO condition, but just with value 0.

Any idea how the posting will looks like?

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you get the right GL's from your Finance guys & post to that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think still quite confused if for my case, the Gr and IR is already balance except that i need to post the custom duty with reference to my PO which my PO only have the condition for custom duty with 0 value.

If i post this sub. debit with PO, and there will be one line populate in the item line, in this case if i already GR and IR balance, then what should be the amount and qty to be entered?

2. and how would be the FI posting look like if i maintained the unplanned del. cost?

3. the missing value is custom duty, why do i post it as delivery cost?

4. what Doc.Type to be chosen if using unplanned del. cost?

thanks.