Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting Type scenario

former_member240058
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Please advice me how to map this scenario.

Sales order is made for material which is procured from vendor.

Some components of sales order line item material will be supplied to vendor.

We want to do planning of those componants supplied to vendor.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this is the MM - Subcontracting scenario.

You can process it as per following steps.

1. In material master of Material which is added in Sales Order (Sales Item) MRP 1 View maintain Procurement type - F & Special Procurement - 30 (Sub Contracting).

2. Create Material BOM for this material which includes all the components which you are sending to Vendor.

3. Based on the planning strategy used in material master when you execute MRP run it will create Purchase Requisitions. This purchase requisitions includes components also. This you can check in Material Data for line item.

4. The componenets will also be planned as a dependent requirements in MRP run.

Hope this will help in executing the scenario.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to maintain a BOM for this. In BOM there is a field Mat.Provision.ind. It is in BOM item data, status/lng text tab, below further data there is field "Mat.provision. ind. If you maintain this field as blank, MRP will plan this materials also, so that you can procure these materials and you can send to the vendor. If you maintain as "Material provided by vendor" means MRP will not plan for this material. Vendor will procure the materials.

Regards,

V. Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check with the following thread:

Thanks

former_member240058
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

In my scenario, Sales order line item is procured from vendor and we are supplying materials to vendor for this.

We want to plan all materials to be sent to vendor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are procuring material from vendor, the SAP system will not explode the BOM for its component planning. You can't handle this in SAP. You can procure the materials outside SAP or you need to load the forecast in system, then you can send to your vendor.

Regards,

V. Suresh