cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subcontracting scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good mng Gurus,

I have one subcontracting scenario, where company is providing two materials(namely A and B)..But to get the finished product, 4 materials are required and remaining two materials(namely C and D), subcontract vendor is providing..

How can i map this into SAP?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) Create the BOM with A & B materials

2) Create the Purchasing inforecord with the cost of labourCD

3) Create the subcon PO

4) issue the components A & B

5) Receive the Finished goods

6) Varify the invoice.

Hope it helps

Thanks/karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry to say guru..

i didn't get the 2nd point i.e.,

"Create the Purchasing inforecord with the cost of labourCD"...

could u pls elaborate this point pls?

former_member496069
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Creat Subcontract purchase info record with price = Cost of sevice + cost of material C&D.

Maruthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry gurus..

i m not clear as how to proceed in this scenario..

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to consider only following points;

1. Create BOM of the FG with only 2 materials A & B

2. And in Subcontracting Info Record or Subcontracting PO of FG, enter Price (For e.g. for Condition Type PR00) which will not be only Subcontracting Charge but will be sum of Subcontracting Charge aand Value of Materials C & D.

This means there wil not be any material movement and inventory tracking of materials C & D. Only Cost of the materials will be captured and posted to Cost of FG as part of Subcontracting charges. And Invoice / Payment will be done to the vendor for the same as per the Subcontracting PO.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your case goods receipt of C and D items should be done befor subcontracting.

So that in mb1b you can issue that material A,B,C,D to vendor, and against subcontracting order all material will get consumed.

This the only way Ican suggest.

Thanks and regards'

Gitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anyone describe the complete process to follow?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are u maintaining the inventory for mat C & D ? I think its No. So You create a PO for End product & in BOM just mention material mat A & B. The cost of material C & D you include in SC charge.

Regds,

CB

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Gitesh said, if u wil receive mat C & D, and then issue then u wil hav to do it by mov type 501, which again can create problem as physically its not happening. Only way 2 encounter this is 2 add only 2 components in BOM, and adding charges of mat C & D in same PO itself.

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are various ways of handling this;

Option 1: -

Include the costof materials C & D also in Subcontracting Charges. And carry out the transactions normally as in case of Subcontracting Process.

Option 2: -

Add 2 more line items in Subcontracting PO, 1 for material C and another for material D and assign the Subcontracting Cost center to both the line items.

During GR do GR for all the 3 line items, for line 1 materials A & B will get consumed from Subcontracting Stock and materials C & D for 2nd & 3rd line items will get comsumed against the Subcontracting Cost center.

During LIV, book invoice for all the 3 line items and do the payment.

dipak_kumar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So whats bothering you?

Create sub contract PO for 2 materials A & B.

Include the price componant for the sub contract material C & D + service changes during settlement.

Regards,

Dipak

Former Member
0 Kudos

In BOM, shall i have to maintain 2 materials or 4 materials??