cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting and creating component puchase order directly to subcontractor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

I am quite new to the community since this is my very first post!

Let me explain my business requirement:

A distribution center uses the MM subcontracting functionality to produce finished goods which are then received to their warehouse. It has a subcontracting vendor for which they order raw material which are directly send by the raw material vendor to the subcontracting vendor. The raw material is NEVER managed in the distribution center warehouse. This raw material is ALWAYS sent to Subcontracting Vendor XXX.

What we do when ordering raw material through ME21n is that we create a purchase order to the raw material vendor, and in the purchase order item we write the material number, quantity and subcontracting vendor (as the raw material will be received directly to the subcontracting vendor). This enables to post the good receipt directly to special stock O for Subcontracting Vendor XXX.

My question is: is it anywhere possible to specify that a material will always be purchased for and delivered to a specific subcontracting vendor? So that the ME21n would automatically be populated with the Subcontracting Vendor XXX?

As per my requirement, I would like in the plant level in the material master to specify that this specific raw material will always be purchased to Subcontracting Vendor XXX.

This would be similar to what the "Storage location for external procurement" in the MRP2 Material master does when creating a purchase order (the PO item is then automatically affected to specified storage location just after keying plant code).

We are running SAP ECC6, EHP0.

Thanks in advance for your insights.

Regards,

Pierre

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not possible in standard.. How can system recognize the subcontracting vendor ? You need to maintain it anywhere .

You may need to use a z table where you will maintain all the details along with your criteria and call up the subcontracting vendor from this z table by using badi ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dibyendu,

Thank you for your quick answer.

This was exactly the point: "Is there anywhere in SAP standard where you can maintain this information (at material/plant level)?".

If you confirm that this is not possible, I will then close this thread.

Regards,

Pierre

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre

This is not possible in standard, consider a scenario where raw material is required in production as well as at subcontractor. As per knowledge this is only possible using development by implementing the BADI.

Thanks,

Jagdeep

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can confirm only from my side .

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

Though you have closed this thread, I have found something relevant to your requirement and it seems this will address your requirement. 

Please check the below link and see if it works.

Planning for Components to be Provided in Subcontracting - Special Planning Processes - SAP Library

Subcontracting/Third-Party Order Processing - Special Planning Processes - SAP Library

Please reply back if it works out.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Note: I could not able to test this as I am leaving for the weekend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for the insight. I have tried the process you kindly provided. However, it did not address my business requirement.

In a few words, what you provided is a solution to customize planification so that in the end of a MRP run, a purchase request is created, for the component to be received to the correct subcontractor. Then, this purchase request can be transformed into a purchase order which is to be received directly to the subcontractor.

Yet, my requirement was simpler: whenever I create a purchase order (with no reference to a purchase request) on that material, I wanted that the item delivery address to be updated with my subcontractor.

I did all the customizing steps you provided, but when creating a purchase order from scratch the delivery address is not automatically populated with the subcontractor (it is the storage location for external procurement which is taken into acount).

Nevertheless, thank you again for your insight.

Regards,

Pierre

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make only manual entry of subcontract vendor name in during creation of PO but as per requirement- To have automatic subcontract vendor, you need go for development by picking subcontract vendor from a ZTABLE with conditional logic.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thank you for your time and answers. I will mark the question as answered.

Regards,

Pierre