reward points

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl. check following settings -

1) Check the BOM again. Confirm that the BOM is released & it is for Production use.

2) In material master, MRP views, the material procurement is defined as F (External procurement) & special procurement key 30 (Sub-Contracting).

After this try to create sub-contracting PO for the material. The system will explode the BOM

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Prashant

• - Reward points if answer is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI,

Thanks for early replies,

i am not maintained MRP views for sub-contacting material,

is it necessary ?

and BOM creation date and PO date is same

rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is necessary to maintain the MRP views of the material. This is required because otherwise how system is going to determine procurement strategy for the material?

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok prashanth,

i will try it,

is it necessary to manitain planned delivery time at info record

rgds

Edited by: SAP LEARNER on Jan 8, 2008 5:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

When u make SubCon PO dont forget to put item category as "L".

I am pretty much sure you forgot it

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you created a SC PO, and you can modify the delivery time about two or one weeks later, you will find Bom is expoded. Please go to find a PP consult to find how the bom explosion is defined for SC PO. Also please make sure how the bom is relesed, and you need make sure the status of Bom is 1. Please go to find how the Box usage works in your system.

Box explosion can by order start date. You can try to figure it out, and get help message by F1 when opening componet view and click 'release date' when click the button "component oview" In ME21N etc.

Edited by: Bruce Hu on Jan 8, 2008 12:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz check following Point

First check BOM.

U should select Sub-contracting Check button in Material master ( Foreign Trade - Import data view ). other wise J1ID

In po u have to select item category L.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

First you need to check whether we have created PO with Item catergory "L" are not.

Then check in cs03 whether child part (raw material) that is B & C is appearing for the parent part "a"

Then in PO in item detail screen in material data you need press the button components to get the child parts.

Edited by: Chandra Mohan on Jan 8, 2008 9:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

u have created correct bom but while doing SC po u have to explore bom, in item level in material data tab u will get this tab so u can check it ur problem will be solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

A simple solution is just change the date of the bom created..the date of creation of bom should be one day before PO .Now you check it out it works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For BOM explosion

Pl check your planned delivery time in your info record and GR processing time in Material master.

If suppose you maintain 10 days for planned del time and 2 days GR processing time and let your BOM created today and your delivery date in PO is today+5days.

Then I think system first check for BOM having date (Delivery dae-planned del time-GR processing time) means (todays date+5-planned del time-GR processing time.)

So your BOM should be before this date.

Hope this will may help you,

Reward if it helps you,

rb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have not maintained planned delivery time at inforecord,

is it necessary,

rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

create the BOM for the material previous to SC PO creation day.while creating the SC po, u have to Explode the BOM.

or

u can think of attaching the parent material in the component over view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Buddy

Not sure if you have created BOM properly...just go to CS03 and check if components are there?

regards