cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Authorization Issue

Lisa_Chapman
Explorer
0 Kudos

In the past few months we have had 2 separate scenarios in which structural authorizations were not working as expected.  The users were not able to access pernrs that they should have had access to and received a "No authorization for personnel number XXXX" message. The SU53 did not provide any insight into the cause of the issue.  In both scenarios the authorization profile was assigned in T77UA.  The problem seems to be because the GEN_FLAG field did not have an X in it.  Our SAP security administrator is not familiar with this field and advised that he is not even given the option to put an X in this field when adding entries to this table.  To set up a user with a GEN_FLAG=X he needs to copy an existing table entry that has an X.  The majority of the entries in this table have an X in this field but approximately 20% of entries do not.  Is anyone familiar with field GEN_FLAG in T77UA?  What is this field for?  Did something change with the behavior of this field?

Thanks,
Lisa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

KK07
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can trace Structural authorizations using ST12/ST01. First we need to trace on for the user in question and then access the transaction.

0 Kudos

HI Lisa,

Could you please  provide the screen shot of----- GEN_FLAG field did not have an X in it, 

now if you wanted to find the further documentation and defination of this filed go to table structure and double click on GEN filed and find the supplimentry documentation.

KR

Sid

0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

further to my previous post could you please check if your system has DATA element FLAG setup as a key filed? within Table T77UA. This just my guess that your authorisation profile is checking for COcode validation based upon your config within corss compnay code cost accounting. the filed GEN_FLAG becomes a key filed within table T77UA based on you config within CO. --- This just a guess it will help if you provide the screen shot.

Hope this helps atlest to put you into direction of your further search

KR

Sid

Lisa_Chapman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

Thank you for your response.  Please find a screenshot of T77UA below.  You can only see the GEN_FLAG field when you click on print.  Unfortunately, there is no additional information available for this field.

Can you please advise where I can check to determine if we have data element flag setup as a key field?

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos

Hi Lisa

this is where I found the supplimentry documentation for the FLAG data filed (please see attached).

KR

Sid

Lisa_Chapman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

Thank you for the screenshots.  What I am hoping to find is information on this field in terms of what it does. 

You mentioned above - this just my guess that your authorisation profile is checking for COcode validation based upon your config within corss compnay code cost accounting. the filed GEN_FLAG becomes a key filed within table T77UA based on you config within CO.

Where did you find this information?  I checked T77PR and company code is not an object type set up in this table.  Should I be checking for this someplace else?

Best Regards,

Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

If you look at report RHPROFL0, the GEN_FLAG gets set to X for new users created via this report.

Perhaps, this report is executed in background with Application Log Create option checked`??

Hope this helps..

K