cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strategy Planning depend on specific Customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Is it possible for SAP to combine two strategy type pure MTS and pure MTO on 1 material code?? Suppose I have scenario like this. I sell this material for general customer and for specific customer. For general customer, because there are many customer and no bind between company and that customer, so company want to planning material based on MTS. But, there are specific customer that company and this customer have some agreement or bind so company will make this material based on specific customer demand (MTO). Can I setting that strategy type MTO will be done on specific customer?? I don't want to create two material code for this situation because I want to get revenue report totally on 1 material.

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have also faced the similar kind of requirement.That is very much possible in R/3.Concept of Mixed strategy is there.You can create you own Planning strategy,where the Primarly one will be ur MTS(10 or 40) and secondary one as 20.Here,the behaviour of your planning will be controlled by the Item category in the sales Order.Let say u use strategy 40(MTS,both PIR/SO plays role in Planning).In normal case if sales order comes,Item category TAN will come and in case of MTO(specific to customer) comes then item category relevant for MTO will appear.In stock requirement list also,this customer order segment will appear separately.However,the above concept is not suppported in APO.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses..

So, the conclusion is after I make my own strategy planning, I need to ask SD people to set different item category if there is specific customer. To know if they are a specific customer, it can be assign in different sales area, is it right??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can try this

In strategy group you can use upto maximum of 6 strategy, you want to use. but it should be in the order you want.

1) when ever PIR is raised for demand management, use the req type of either 10 or 11 for that quantity.

2) When ever sale order is raised change the requirement type in the sale order. Use the req type of 20 in sale order.

While running the MRP it will create planning proposal as per the strategy.

But all the strategy should reflect in Strategy group.

J.saravan