cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strategy 40 with typical scenario

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My Client uses strategy 40.MTS

Say Material A and B.In the current scenario,If the PIR for A is 1000,and the Sales Order is 200.Now planned Order will be created for A and B.

Qty of A planned Order will be 1000 and Qty of B planned Order will be 200.

But what my client wants is ,Planned Order for A should be 800 and Planned Order for B should be 200.

ie) My Sales Order of B should consume PIR of A.

Is it Possible or not in Standard SAP or by chnaging the Strategy? Can Planning Material concept can be used?

Kindly Suggest.

GIdeon Gunasekar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Gideon

Technically, when a sales order is created, it should consume the PIR and the PIR quantity should be reduced by the sales order quantity.

If this is not happening, this is a problem on the PIR consumption. You should check the PIR consumption parameters on tab MRP3 of the material master and make sure that the PIR is within the consumption horizon.

I also wrote the following document with links for the demand management FAQ notes. Please read those notes carefully, as they provide the solution to the most frequent PIR consumption issues:

BR

Caetano

0 Kudos

material a and b are two different materials.

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guna Sekar,

As far as I know in standard it is not possible to consume A material PIR with B material sales orders as both are different materials.

BR
KK

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

This is only possible if you are using a "planning material" (strategy 60) but this is a very specific scenario.

Take a loon on the documentation of strategy 60 and check if it meets your business requirements:

Planning with a Planning Material (60) - Demand Management (PP-MP-DEM) - SAP Library

If it does not, I don't think that a solution is available on the standard system.

BR

Caetano