Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage of liquids - weighted average of an attribute

peter_kamenik
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am facing this situation:

customer is storing a liquid material in a tank (=MM store). This material has a certain property which is needed to be kept track of. This property changes with every material addition to this tank.

Lets say we have 1000 tons of a stored liquid which has 10% of this property.

A supply will come with another 1000 tons with 20% property.

In the end we will have 2000 tons stored with 15%.

This 15% must be known in every moment.

I am looking for a standard SAP scenario or the way that we should follow.

Thank you in advance for all replies.

We are on ECC 6.0

Edited by: Peter Kamenik on Oct 27, 2011 9:03 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

peter_kamenik
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, batch classification came into my mind on first place. However, what I want to reach is as much automation of the process of the property calculation as possible. I fear that this will require a manual classification of the new batch and it will be unacceptable for our customer.

Split valutation will probably not work. The values can be of any number within the range 0-100%.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in our case it is an result of an analysis made in the lab, the the result recorded in the inspection lot is moved to the batch classification.

so it is not a manual calculation.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you should use batch management,

each receipt is a individual batch, if you mix a new receipt with old stock, then you create another batch (this is often done as a production order)

the batch should have batch classification.

so you could maintain the percentage of this property in the batch characteristic to any of your batches.

From MMBE you can easily reach the batch characteristic to see this info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

For this you have to go for enhancement in bom . (cs01) in this you have to match what is planed what is acual qty of liquid in that you have to track.

Thanking you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use split valuation to fulfill your requirement. Define 3 different valuation types as 10%, 15% &20%. Define valuation category and assighn the valuation types to this category. Make plant assignment to this category. Activate split valuation in material m,aster and give valuation category in material master. Thanking you.