cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Location no longer defaulting from Material Master to Work Order Component screen

johnstog
Active Participant

We are in the process of testing S4 2021 from 1709 and have found that when a material is added to a WO the Storage Location from the Material Master no longer defaults with the material as it did with the previous version. Has anyone else had this issue? I have searched SAP note and have not found anything related to this issue.

The only assumption I have is SAP has removed this defaulting code because they have now added as part of the WO defaults a Component tab that allows a user to set their defaults which include Storage Location.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

johnstog
Active Participant

Latest update for this warning. My assumption was incorrect this message was in the wrong position and has been corrected by SAP. Now when a component is added the Storage Location is determined before the EWM check is done .

See SAP Note: 3300888 - Mandatory storage location check executed before the default is determined, upon processin...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Dany_R91
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

Thanks a lot, I had the same issue, you spared me a lot of time digging this issue!

The SAP note works perfectly, have a nice day,

Dany R.

johnstog
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dany,

Happy to help.