cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop calculating depreciation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are some assets in my register that i want to stop the depreciation calculation. the asset is acquired but still there is no use. therefore i want system to stop calculating depreciation for couple of months. how can i do it?

thaks

GP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

use AS02 tcode, assign '0000' Dep key for that asset for in 'Dep' tab

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i tried the option of making the depreciation key 000, but for the current period it is showing a positive planned value in the planned depreciation tab. and when i execute the depreciation for that asset in a test run it is posting a value for the depreciation for the current month.

Gayani

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi,

When you want to suspend the calculation of depreciation for a certain period, you need to activate the "shutdown" indicator in the asset masterrecord for that interval and you have to change the depreciation key which allows you to activate this "shutdown" indicator.

When you change the depreciation key, you need to execute the "Recalculation" job to recalculate the planned depreciation.

Thanks,

Jyothi

0 Kudos

Hi,

When you want to suspend the calculation of depreciation for a certain period, you need to activate the "shutdown" indicator in the asset masterrecord for that interval and you have to change the depreciation key which allows you to activate this "shutdown" indicator.

When you change the depreciation key, you need to execute the "Recalculation" job to recalculate the planned depreciation.

Thanks,

Jyothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

To stop the depreciation calculation, the other option available is maintaining sacrap value equivalent to net book value against each depreciation area in asset master depreciation area tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

that is a good option, i tired that and the asset master looks ok. but i just want to know more about that.

such as is there any entry pass with the scrap amount entered? what will happen when we decide to use the asset in production, can we start the depreciation once gain from that month?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, if you want to calculate the depreciation you have to remove the Asste hout dowm button in the asset Master. But kindly note that the asset life period will extend in respctive of the shut down perios.

For example if you difine asset life period 12 months and shuts down for period 11 and 12, then the asset life period and will extend to 13 and 14 and depreciation will be calculated for the period 13 and 14

Thanks

Prasada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please use Asset Shutdown ( t-code AS02, time- dependent data) for the respective period.

Your depreciation key should allow shutdown, of course (t- code AFAMA).

Regards