cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock transfer orders and MRP within the same plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where "branch" storage locations are to place stock transfer orders to a central storage location through MRP by using re-order point.

If the parts are not available or can not cover the requirements in the central storage location a P.req for external procurement is to be created.

So the scenario is simplified by:

Central SL: Has stock of 30each of material A

Branch SL: Has a re-orderpoint of 10 with a lot size of 5.

In the branch sl the level falls below 10 a p.req typ UB is to be created with a quantity of five for Central SL which has 30 in stock when I run say MD03. Is this possible to setup?

thanks in advance,

Maziyar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

plesae modify the source list with the supply plant at ME01 and try.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maintained a source list containing the delivering plant equiling the plant in which the branch SL is located in.

Thanks,

Maziyar

0 Kudos

Hi Maziyar,

please setup MRP-areas for the storage locations you want to implement this process for. This provides the same set of parameters for MRP control of the storage location as you have for a plant. It also prevents stock in those storage locations from being available to requirements that have to be served fom other storage locations.

Hope this will do what you want.

Regards

TvV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Theodor,

thank you for the reply.

I have tried to setup the branch SL in a MRP area with e.g. MRP typ VB and procurment type F and special procurement 45 with the same plant as the branch SL is located in.

My issue is I can not get the system to create a UB p.req with the appropriate sending SL and plant. Any ideas on what could be missing?

Thanks,

Maziyar

0 Kudos

Hi Maziyar,

what type of MRP element do you get for the replenishment in MD04 in the MRP-area?

Kind Regards

Theodor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Theodor as the MRP type is set as re-order point the requirement is not displayed in MD04. As far as I have understood this is how SAP standard works.

As soon as I do a goods issue which triggers a quantity below the re-orderpoint a p.req with type NB is generated when running MD03.

Thank you,

Maziyar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

let me re-phrase my question.

Is there a way in the generated NB P.req with item cat U (stock transfer) to have have the system default the issuing storage location and issuing plant. The storage locations are within one plant, is there a way to set up relations?

E.g saying MRP area x is supposed to be filled from this SL Y and MRP area Z is supposed to be filled from SL W.

Thanks in advance,

Maziyar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maziyar,

The use of MRP areas only affects which objects are included in the MRP run. It has little impact on source determination.

The source of UB stock transport Purchase Reqs are determined at the (Branch) plant level. It is not determined at the plant/storage location level. For a given plant/material, using a given Special Procurement key, will point to one and only one source. If you elect not to use SPK, but instead use Quota arrangements, it will point to all of the sources called out in the quota arrangements. Be aware that quota arrangements are not supported in Sloc based MRP areas, though.

If you are using R/3 4.7 or later, there is some opportunity for you in the BADI definition MD_EXT_SUP which is available in the 'Set up stock transfer between storage locations' section of IMG. I have never seen this implemented, since I work mostly on older systems, but the documentation implies that it might solve your requirement. Speak to your ABAPers to see if this BADI will meet your needs.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for the reply.

I have been aware of the BADI you are mentioned since earlier but I have not yet let any ABAPer to deep dive into it's functionality.

I believe either this BADI or some other enhancement needs to be put in place to have a satisfactory outcome as I can not find anything in the standard functionality that will support the wanted functionality.

We are running on ECC 6.0.

Thanks,

Maziyar