Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Transfer between Storage Locations in the same Plant

marc_laberge
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to setup STO between Storage Locations in one plant and the settings in this IMG path are really annoying me :

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide

Materials Management

Purchasing

Purchase Order

Set up Stock Transport Order

Set Up Stock Transfer Between Storage Locations

Define Shipping Data for Stock Transfers Between Storage Locations

So for each Plant / Storage Location combination I can maintain a Shipping Point, a Vendor, and a Customer.

When I create my STO, I can see the change of the Customer depending of the Storage Location, but what is the Vendor used for in a single Plant scenario ?

More importantly, what is the use for the Shipping Point in this IMG transaction ? My Shipping point gets determine by the Customer Shipping Conditions and the Material Loading Group.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc or anyone -

We need to do this, too! We are on ECC 5.0, but this is not in our IMG. Dead end after "Set up Stock Transport Order". Is there a t-code? Or does this no longer exist?

Materials Management

Purchasing

Purchase Order

Set Up Storage-Location-Dependent Shipping Point Determination

Define Rule for Determination of Shipping Point

Assign Shipping Points According to Storage Location

Thanks!

Anke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

yo don't need a vendor for an STO between storage locations within a plant.

Regards,

Attila

marc_laberge
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Attila,

So that answers my question for the Vendor part ... can someone help me understand what the Shipping Point entry is used for in the IMG Activity ?

And for all the 311 movement comments, we need to ship from Storage Location to Storage Location by truck and we want HU and Transport documents so that's not an option.

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to give plant existing shipping point in IMG activity.Only difference you need to define supplying storage location for the plant.

Proce is same you can use UB document type -->delivery -VL10B --Goods receipt MIGO in receiving storage location.If you are using inbound delivery concept for receiving materila then add above step inbound delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The documentation for the IMG activity says the following: "This data is only needed and evaluated if the stock transfer process involves a stock transport order in which the issuing storage location has been predefined." I have to be honest, I don't exactly know what this means. Have you tried to create the STO without defining the shipping point in the activity?

marc_laberge
Participant
0 Kudos

Well yes, and whatever Shipping Point I put here, the shipping point gets determined by the Customer - Material shipping conditions. For it to get changed, I have to maintain it here :

Materials Management

Purchasing

Purchase Order

Set Up Storage-Location-Dependent Shipping Point Determination

Define Rule for Determination of Shipping Point

Assign Shipping Points According to Storage Location

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you don't need to worry about that field. If you don't want to have the shipping point determined by SLoc, just leave the determination rule on plant-specific.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Could you please let me know the config steps you have done in the system, i am also configuring same thing but still i am facing some error for one of my client.

Regards,

Gopala.S

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are configuring STO process between storage locations with in same plant.In single plant case you should have configured supplying plant (A) storoge location say 1000 in spro.While creting STO you shuld give supplying plant as usual and receiving Plant (A) and storage location for e.g 2000.This process should be used with in plant between two storage locations.

For different plants you can use normal sto process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To transfer materials between storage location use 311 single step and 313/315 for two step procedure.

Use Transaction code Mb1b to do this.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe I don't understand your requirement but for stock transfer in the same plant you can use material movement (eg. through MIGO transaction -> A08 Transfert Posting - Others.

Material movement 311 (one step) or 313/315 (two steps transfer).

I don't know your business requirements but it is not necessary to us PO based sotck transfers for this.

hope it helps.

regards,

Wojciech