cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stock overview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I procure a material but its not getting in stock overview MMBE.Pls tell me any general settings for stock overview.I want see stock in storage location.

with regards,

bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

What type of material is that? If u procure a non stock material then it will go to consumption directly. So the stock wont get updated in mmbe. If it is stock material then u need to set in customizing the qty and value update as mentioned.

regards

Anand.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

where i have to mention whether its a stock item or non stock item.pls explain me.

For example plant maintenance department rasies a PR for spare parts. after purchasing material how they would know whether material in storage are not.pls explain me.

with regards,

bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Have u checked whether u have ticked Quantity update for all those material types?

Please check them

spro>Log general>materialmaster>Basic settings>Material types> define the attributes of material types

select your material type and double click qty and value updating

tick the quantity and value update corresponding to your plant and save the changes.

Hope this helps. Reward if u find this info useful.

regards

Anand.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Material types like NLAG are not held in stock because they are consumed immediately. If the material types is of UNBW then they are managed by quantity basis and not by value

Spare part material types can be maintained in stocks. So each material type has its own characteristics.

regards

Anand.C

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

esther_hernanz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello!

How are you procuring the materials? Via Purchase orders? If so, please check if the relevant purchase order item has account assignment.

When the purchase order item is account-assigned, the material is intended for consumption and it does not update the stock. You can check the material document with which you posted the goods receipt. The field for the storage location will be empty (so it does not increase the stock at the storage location level; instead, it is posted into the consumption for the account assignment object entered in the purchase order: cost center, etc.).

I hope this helps!

Esther.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

what type of material you have procured? Please check whether material type is having Stock update check (at Valuation area level) in OMS2 transaction.

please check and let me know.

regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I Am Procuring trading,spare parts,operational supplies. where we need to define

its a stock material or non stock material.pls explain me step by step.I maintain OMS2 Value update and stock update.

with regards,

bhaskar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar

as mentioned by Ananad, please follow steps for OMS2 and do neccessary settings. Then it should work.

let me know still if you stuck.

regards

Srinivas