cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock inconsistencies due to wrong Unit of measure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently facing an issue, generated due to master data inconsistencies. The problem is as follows:

I have a material with Unit of measure " pack". A PO was supposed to be created for "100 packs" of this material, but somehow Unit of measure in PO was "each", and thus it was created for "100 each". The supplier has sent quantity as 100 packs. GR was done on the basis of PO thus 100 each was entered. Invoice has been created and settled. Stock overview is showing this material as "100 each" whereas actually the material quantity physically available is 300 (100x3, each pack has 3 pcs).

I need to correct this situation. so that stock and accounts show the correct data.

Is there any simple way of correcting this issue. like scrapping etc... and how??

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If possible do reverse cycle. This is better option It is not possible to change the unit of measure of material with stock.

using MB1B you can send it to scrap.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Priya,

You have completed the complete purchase cycle.

One way is to reverse the complete cycle, change the UOM and redo the cycle.

Ohter way is, if you need to increase the stock you can do that by delivery free of cost (mvt. type 511) or creating a PO with free tick followed by GR.

In this case you need to check the MAP of the material. If you need to change the MAP also then use transaction MR21.

Before doing please check the accounting impact of all these (the price difference account or the revaluation account will get hit).

In second option you can not change the UOM.(Maintain conversion factor between EA and PACK as 1:1)

Cheers,

Satish Purandare