cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured the stock determination procedures and have assigned the Stock determination group to the material in the material master. When a production order is created and when I check the components screen in the production order, the storage location field is empty for this material.

Could somebody tell me why is that?

Thanks,

JP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyotpal,

When you enter a goods issue or transfer posting, enter a * in the Storage location field.

Choose Continue.

If you have activated the stock determination dialog box in Customizing, the system displays the dialog box, indicating the stocks it has determined for withdrawal.

regards

Anand.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anand,

There is no problem with posting a GI for the Order. When I go to post a confirmation it picks up the storage location using the search strategy. My question was that the Storage Location field in the Production order is empty. Due to this My Pull List is not working properly.

If I enter a storage location in the production order then my stock determination doesn't work.

I want the system to assign a storage location in the production order so that my pull list works properly. If I have shortages in my components for that storage location, then when I go and do my confirmations then the stock determination strategy should work. Is this possible?

Thanks,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jyotpal,

Pl. check whether you have maintain stock determination rule for your pull list as well under,

SPRO-> Mat Mngt -> Inv Mngt -> Stock determination -> Assign stock determination for application -> Pull list.

Also check that you have mentioned storage location in the stock determination rule.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Reward if answer is helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arif,

Yes it has been maintained in the Pull List.

I dont know what you mean by defining it for the Stock Determination Rule but I have maintained the SLoc in the "Stock Determination Item Table" which is under the combination of Plant, SD Group and SD Rule.

But still the storage location does not get copied into the Production Order.

Thanks,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jyotpal,

Thanks for confirmation.

Please check whether you have matained stock determination rule for pull list under the customization:

SPRO -> Production --> Repetitive Manufacturing -> Material Staging -> Define Control Data for Pull List

Check out this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/b7/fff878a1f311d188b50000e8214d78/frameset.htm

I am sure now it will resolve your query.

Regards,

Arif Mansuri

Reward the points as a award of thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jyotpal,

Pl. check whether you have assigned stock determination for each plant, order type and business transaction in OPJ2 t-code.

SPRO-> Mat Mngt -> Inv Mngt -> Stock determination -> Assign stock determination for application.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Reward if answer is helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arif,

Yes, I have assigned the stock determination for each plant, order type and business transaction but still it does not work.

Regards,

JP