cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock determination in background - MIGO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm desperately trying to run stock determination automatically in background in MIGO. I know it is not possible in standard but I’m looking for some technical advice if any kind of development could be a smart way to call the function in the transaction.

Thanks,

CiD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tomas_talpa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cedric,

I assume we are talking about the triggering of stock determination, not just about the online/background determination, i.e. with/without the screen of stocks (which can be controlled by the "Stock Determination Header Table" customizing), right?

In that case:

• first of all -- come on man, you can prepare the whole document with all items and then just click on button "Stock Determ. for All"; it's just one click for the whole document;
    • sorry, Cedric, but I've to say it
  • ok, so you still want to do it automatically, probably at when the user enter the item data or during the "Check" of the whole document:
    • quick and dirty approach -- one way do do it is via implicit enhancement (besides modification, of course) the determination in MIGO is called via macro DETERMINE_ALL (see program SAPLMIG, PAI code 'MIGO_OK_DET_ALL'), which is calling method DETERMINE_ALL (and later DETERMINE_SINGLE) of class LCL_MIGO_DETERMINE_STOCK;
      • so possible solution is to use implicit enhancement at the end of method OKCODE_DISPATCH of class LCL_MIGO_FRAME, to call this macro (or directly this method);
    • slow and proper -- method LINE_MODIFY of BAdI MB_MIGO_BADI "BAdI in MIGO for External Detail Subscreens" allows creation of new lines;
      • so possible solution is to call the FM VB_COMPLETE_DETERMINATION for stock determination and then either only modify the storage location, or create new lines (in case of split);

Anyway, I've actually never tried any of the methods above; when I found how non-trivial it might be, I just said to my users: "come on guys, it's just one click of mouse" .

Last note -- if you don't need full scale stock determination, you can always fill the Storage Location by custom logic in BAdI MB_MIGO_ITEM_BADI "BAdI in MIGO for Changing Item Data".

Good Luck

TomT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for your feedback. No problem with your comments, it's only fair since you had no clue of the context details. I will go with your suggestions and I will keep you posted if one of them works.

Thanks

Cedric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

I just wanted to tell you I have been able to put my issue in the hands of a good developer who has  been able to sort things out. Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards,

Cedric

tomas_talpa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm glad that you found it helpfull, Cedric.

TomT

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you pls elaborate this requirement in depth/detail?