cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO sales order stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

We transfer stock from sales order stock to another using MvT 413 E, but system doesn't check if this is the right item number or the material, how can i force the system to check item number or material ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

During 412/413E movement type, sales order works just as a reference. System will not check the details data (like as item number of material) during posting this movement type.

If you want to set a check, then please use badi or user exit to perform the check.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also please have a look into the KBA document for more details 1977883 - Movement type 412 E / Wrong material assignment to Sales Order

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you give a little bit more info?

If you have stock of item A and stock of item B, and you do your 413 E movement for item A but actually wanted item B, how shall SAP know this and how should it stop the user if both materials have sufficient stock (or if you allow negative inventory)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jürgen,

While transfer posting using MvT 413E system asks for sales order no and item no, if material item no is 10 in first order and 20 in 2nd order but in transfer posting i wrote 10 in 1st order and 10 in 2nd order system didn't give me error as material in 2nd order in item no 20 not 10. Another issue in a sales order material x is item no 10 and material y item no 20, in stock transfer i entered same sales order and same material but transfer from item no 10 to item no 20 and system didn't give me error as the materials are different.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is a feature for one customer is a pain for an other customer. Unfortunately -as explained in the KBA - SAP wants a sales order number but does then not do any checks against it.

From my point of view a very weak design as the consultant is not able to control it via message customizing or any other customizing if he wants or does not want such check