cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting HCM P&F via ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

Need some advise here. I have tested the end-to-end process (Exercise ZTPR) as an Administrator and all is working fine. However, i'm having some issues triggering the process via ESS (No employee selection step). I have gone through the steps and also SDN but without any success. My guess is that i'm missing something in the 'Application Parameter' of the iview. Currently, i have done the following:-

1) Copied standard ESS Iview - Change Working Time

- Application name - asr_process_execute (WDA)

- Application Parameter - GET_PERNR=X

2) Define Resources - EMPLOYEE_WORKTIME_CHGWORKTIME_SER_12

- Object Name - asr_process_execute

- URL Parameter - sap.xss.disablehdr&Process=ZTPR

- URL of PCD Page - (Path to the page iview created in step 1)

3) Define Services - EMPLOYEE_WORKTIME_CHGWORKTIME_SER_12

- Link resource - (Calling the Resource in step 2)

I have then assigned this iview to my test user. HOwever, i still get the first step of employee selection screen. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you dont need get pernr

this is standard service available!

Resource Key EMPLOYEE_WORKTIME_CHGWORKTIME_SER_12

Description Working Time: Change in Working Time

Server

Directory Path

Object Name asr_process_execute

URL Parameter Process=HR_PA_XX_CHANGE_WORKINGTIME_1&INITIATOR_ROLE=HRASRD

Window Name

Window Properties

check the standard entry and then add it to your employee

ROLES://portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.roles/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.area_working_time/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.12.changeworkingtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praboo,

Could you try adding another parameter to the Application Parameters on the iView? This should skip the employee selection screen on your process.

App Name = asr_process_execute

App Parameters = GET_PERNR=X&PERNR_MEM_ID=ESS01

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

I've tried adding that to the parameter but wihtout success. I am still getting the employee selection screen.

Thanks

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

in ESS, it will be triggered for the employee only! There is no employee selection if you are doing at employee level!

If you want employee list as it occurs in HR ADMIN or MSS, You need to pass the parammeters as in the iview for these

check them

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

Thanks for your reply. Exactly what i want to do. But my issue is that i am still getting the employee selection screen. How can i bypass this employee selection screen? Thanks