Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

splitting without product cost collector

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can anybody tell me how a splitting of a existing production order can be done without a product cost collector. i tried splitting but it is doing with product cost collector.

Thank you.

Alok Tiwari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to split a production order without a product cost collector. There is an enhancement available (LOG_PP_PROD_ORD_SPLIT). Unfortunately, this enhancement is only available from ECC 6.0 enhancement package 4. This functionality will allow you to split a production order without a cost collector. SAP have used some thing called a by-product that will transfer the cost from the parent to the child order.

But beware that this functionality is a one time deal. Once it is activated it cannot be turned off!!!

Srini

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

anyone know about this...???

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

This is from SAP documentation:

**********************************************************************************************************************

Costs

Actual costs

The costs of the parent and child orders are collected in a common Product Cost Collector. This is because the parent order, as a rule, has already caused actual costs before the split took place. If the actual costs were collected in the parent order before the split, and separately in the parent/child orders after the split, then the materials of the parent order would have excessively high costs per piece, and the child order correspondingly lower costs. As a result, settlement for each order would result in unwanted variances in controlling.

**************************************************************************************************************************

So, as you can see this is the way he system works, and for good reasons.

Why is that a problem to you?

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mario,

ours is discrete manufacturing and we don't want to settle our cost to product cost collector. i tried doing it but in vein.

Regards,

Alok Tiwari

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mario,

ours is discrete manufacturing and we don't want to settle our cost to product cost collector. i tried doing it but in vein.

Regards,

Alok Tiwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alok,

Looks like splitting is not allowed without product cost collectors.

The following restrictions apply to the order split:

The parent order and child order must both be settled to the same product cost collector 
You cannot read master data for the orders in a split hierarchy 
Orders in a collective order cannot be split 
Orders of a split hierarchy cannot be supplemented with a subtree 
The parent and child order must both have the same header material 
You cannot perform confirmations at order header level 
The batch where-used list is not updated during order split

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have got this link but when i tried to do this way a am still getting the error to assign the product cost collector.

http://www.sap-img.com/production/split-the-order-qty-in-discrete-manufaccturing.htm

Alok

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can anyone please help