Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spl gl account

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i read a lot of of post on special gl.

1) i need to know how is the double entry like for special gl and the normal gl account. can show me the example?

2) what account category of this spl gl acc? p&l or asset or liabilities account?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Special GL accounts are used to special transactions wrt to vendors/ customers.

Eg: If you have paid an advance to a vendor how do you identiy these from your normal payment transactions for reconciling or for adjustments hence a Spl. GL account to record all these kind of transactions.

Thse can be an asset or a liability account with <b>Recon. account for acct type</b> mentioned.

Double entry

When u make a down payment

Down Pyament(Vendor Spl. Gl account) Dr.

Cash/Bank Cr.

When Down payment is settled against an invoice

Material Account Dr.

Down Pyament(Vendor Spl. Gl account) Cr.

Vendor Account Cr.

I think you know the double entry passed without a downpayment.

Thanks

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

all post point given. thanks

can i confirm further?

alternate recon account? correct me if i am wrong. all vendor subledger account entry will also be sitting in gl vendor recon account. for special gl, it will be posting to ALTERNATE| gl vendor recon account for vendor and ALTERNATE gl customer recon account for customer?

thanks

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>Absolutely, correct</b>

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi eliana

normal gl is std accont

special gl is for special G/L transactions, the posting is made to an alternative reconciliation account instead of the normal receivables account or the liabilities. You can store this alternative reconciliation account separately in the system for special G/L transactions.

hope to help u

ciao

saverio

Former Member
0 Kudos

SPl GL accounts r recon a/c and BS.

double entry will be similar to normal posting... what the differene is that posting will goto alternate recon A/C instead of main recon a/c of the customer/vendor.........

u can see the config in FBKP....