cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPED output type - Batch split not happening when Inbd Delv is created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using SPED output to trigger inbound delivery creation when outbound delivery for an STO is PGId. This is working fine when the goods are going from BATCH managed to BATCH managed or non-Batch managed to non-Batch managed or non-Batch managed to Batch managed (Batch information populated via User exit).

But if there are multiple batches in outbound delivery in a non-batch managed warehouse i.e. Outbound delivery line item containing multiple TOs with different batches the batch split items are not appearing in the inbound delivery. The user exit implemented will not work since the 90001 90002.... items are not appearing in the LIPS table to populate the batch numbers.

I have debugged the SPED output all the way to inbound delivery creation successfully unable to find location where the batch split should have happened.

Please let me know where could I start looking. Is there any config or BADI implementation or user exit required or any approach I should think off.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you elaborate on that sentence, it seems to be inconsistent in itself: But if there are multiple batches in outbound delivery in a non-batch managed warehouse

How can you have batches in a TO if the warehouse in not batch managed. I even never saw any customizing to make a warehouse non-batch-managed.

Batch management is either client, material or plant level, since a warehouse is just a sub level to a storage location it has just to follow the definition made at a higher level.

It is in general just the indicator in material master that decides in batch items can appear or not, if a material is not batch managed then it would be an inconsistency to create delivery items with batches

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a shared warehouse where it stores both batch managed and non batch managed materials. So the STOs can be from non-batch managed to batch managed WH. In the receiving end they want to verify the batches they received by looking at inbound delivery and comparing visually.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

now it is even more confusing.

Any warehouse can hold batch managed and non-batch managed materials.

Do you change the materials from outbound to inbound delivery?

You already said that batch managed to batch managed works.

What does non-batch-managed to batch-managed mean in your question?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks for your interest in the subject matter. Just to clarify business scenario:

1) Material "A" is non-batch managed at source location (example DC-A), DC-A is HU managed

2) Material "A" is batch managed at destination location (example DC-B), DC-B is SU managed

3) We use "Certificate Number" field at Quant level to store batch number for the materials received into non-batch managed warehosue , in this example DC-A so that we can do batch number tracking inthe supply chain (when material is received into DC-A, the batch number received is updated into "Certificate Number" field)

4) Stock Transfer Order (STO) is created to move material from DC-A to DC-B

5) Upon PGI from DC-A, SPED output is failing with an error "Item $ xxxxxx cannot be used for HU yyyy"

6) SAP recommended SAP note 1460021 (user exit)

7) After we implemented user exit as per SAP note 1460021, SPED is generated when we have one TO per delivery line item. But SPED is failing when we have multiple TOs (multiple batches) for one delivery line, we expect system to generate SPED output to auto create an inbound delivery with batch split (since the materials at receiving locations DC-B are batch managed)

I hope this helps to clarify business scenario and the challenge we are facing.

Regards,

Rasik P

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Who are you? You explained it well, but you are not the discussion owner, are you?

I read the note, but it is not clear for me if you can just create one batch or even multiple.  

In general I would assume that SAP allows multiple batches as this could be a quite normal business case, and it is even possible to create multiple batches for a receipt in MIGO, and the inbound delivery is as well able to carry multiple batches if you send batch managed to batch managed.

But this would mean that you coding is not sufficient.

I have no definite answer for this scenario and recommend to contact SAP just to ask about clarification to this note