cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I have a confusion, in regard to source determination.

There are two vendors for a material. I have maintained Quota Arrangement for that material to both the vendors. And also in the source list for that material I have included both the vendors.

My concern is during MRP run, schedule line is created for only one vendor. Can any one let me know why schedule line for other vendor was not created.

Regards

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

plz check ur lot sizing procedure in customising and check whether splitting quota is applicable for it...

former_member315366
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

First check the validity dates in source list.Then check if you have ticked the Fixed Vendor box for those vendors. If it has been checked undo the same. Also in the MRP column see if you have selected 1 or 2 or left it blank and select either 1 or 2.

Also check quota %.

Regards

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

preferance for source determination is as follows

1) Quota

2)source list

3)outline agreement

4)info record's

as told by u u have maintained vendors in quota and source list..( What is quota rating?) ..also check whether u have maintained minimum quota split or not?

If yes then if ur req. is less than minimum quota split system will determine vendor which having less quota rating

Vishal....

Former Member
0 Kudos

FIRST OF ALL SCHEDULE LINE IS A CONTRACT WHERE ONLY ONE VENDOR PROMISE TO SUPPLY GOODS WHERE IN CASE OF MRP RUN SYSTEM ACCEPTS ONLY ONE VENDOR IF IN CASE U HAVE DIFFERENT DATE IN SOURCE LIST WITH DIFFERENT VENDOR THEN SYS ACCEPTS....ONLY ONE VENDOR IS POSSIBLE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj

Thanks for your reply.

I will give some more details on what is the scenario. I have scheduling agreement with one of my vendor and had maintained source list against the same as fixed vendor. Now I made a scheduling agreement with one more vendor and also maintained the source list against the same and removed fixed vendor check box for my old vendor. I also have a Quota arrangement, where in I have allotted some set of percentage of my total requirment to my both the vendors.

Now during MRP, schedule line was created against my old vendor and not for my new vendor, this is my worry why schedule line for new vendor was created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry ...Schedule line was created for my Old vendor not for my new vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

IF U WANT TO MAINTAIN OR RUN MRP FOR OTHER VENDOR THEN U HAVE TO GIVE

DIFFERENT DATE IN SOURCE LIST APART FROM THE FIRST....