Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some confusing scenarios in a certain industry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

This following scenario is applied in the company I work for:

1. Branch is 10 and 1 HQ

2. The business line is wholesale 20%, distribution / retail 70% and direct selling is 10%

3. 1 SO can contains many qty of items and 1 days can have 2000 SO

4. The items are 3 products group and each product groups can have many variants.

5. Required to monitor good receipt PO and there is a deal with principal to send e.g. 1000 items but the incoming is not as many as required in the PO.

6. Maintain so many kinds of PO like pre purchase order, purchase order fixed assets, purchase order directly use in sales order or vice versa

7. Rental of dispensers to customer, how to maintain it

8. vendor KPI analysis

9. Sales KPI analysis

10. A specific operation like creating PO to principal and then the items are directly sold to customer using SO without taking the item to HQ firsts,

11.Parts of vehicle management, fixed assets

12. How to use of PDA and POS client in SAP B1, is it available or what ? cause our company's sales employee want the PDA can check the item availability in warehouse

and even they want to create SO directly from PDA or POS client

13. One day can have 2-5 times SO entry / creation.

14. Payroll in SAP B1

For the 13 scenarios above, could SAp B1 solve them ? could you describe it in detail ? if there is addon needed to use, pls share also to me.

I will give a reward points to you.

John E

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

zal_parchem2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gosh John - this is A LOT of territory to cover in this kind of setting as a forum. Lots of things in this forum are very specific, but you are talking about a whole system in one sit-down!

A kind suggestion, not being critical here - maybe you should contact an SAP Partner in your area, because I think it would take quite some time to cover all of these points - well, at least it would take ME quite a bit of time...maybe someone else can cover these topics rather quickly, but not I...

Good luck moving forward with SAP B1 - Zal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zal,

I just need the answer what is the best solution for the scenario. The other is the yes or no answer. it means yes if SAp B1 can handle the situation or no if can't.

Tks for your suggestion

Regards,

Edu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Please check my inline comments:

1. Branch is 10 and 1 HQ

<b>This can be mapped in SBO. Do you want separate balance sheet, P&L, Items, Customers, Vendors for all the branches? If yes, then you will have to create separate databases for individual branches and then use an Add-On for consolidation. If no, your requirements can be fulfilled using Cost Accounting in SBO</b>

2. The business line is wholesale 20%, distribution / retail 70% and direct selling is 10%

<b>Please elaborate</b>

3. 1 SO can contains many qty of items and 1 days can have 2000 SO

<b>SBO can take care of this</b>

4. The items are 3 products group and each product groups can have many variants.

<b>Variants as in SKUs? Please elaborate with suitable examples</b>

5. Required to monitor good receipt PO and there is a deal with principal to send e.g. 1000 items but the incoming is not as many as required in the PO.

<b>With a work around, it can be mapped in SBO</b>

6. Maintain so many kinds of PO like pre purchase order, purchase order fixed assets, purchase order directly use in sales order or vice versa

<b>With a work around, it can be mapped in SBO</b>

7. Rental of dispensers to customer, how to maintain it

<b>Either develop an add-on (customization via coding) or use add-ons available in the market for Rental Solution</b>

8. vendor KPI analysis

<b>Add-On (customization) is required for this. Check for ready to use solutions available in the market</b>

9. Sales KPI analysis

<b>Sales Analysis can be done in SBO. If you need to do it based on parameters other than the ones available in standard SBO report, either you can create a report using Query generator/XL Reporter or develop an add-on for the same.</b>

10. A specific operation like creating PO to principal and then the items are directly sold to customer using SO without taking the item to HQ firsts

<b>Drop ship warehouse functionality in SBO will take care of this</b>

11.Parts of vehicle management, fixed assets

<b>Rental & Fixed Assets add-ons available in the market can take care of this</b>

12. How to use of PDA and POS client in SAP B1, is it available or what ? cause our company's sales employee want the PDA can check the item availability in warehouse

and even they want to create SO directly from PDA or POS client

<b>A POS add-on solution can take care of this. One of the better solutions available is from CitixSys - check their website for more details. BTW, is PDA same as POS? If no, can you please explain what it is?</b>

13. One day can have 2-5 times SO entry / creation.

<b>Please elaborate</b>

14. Payroll in SAP B1

<b>Ready-to-use add-on solutions are available in the market for this</b>

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Gyanesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

tks a lot for your answer. I will describe more detail next time.

Rgd

john

former_member193355
Contributor
0 Kudos

I can answer for no. 1 and 3. here they are:

1. You create 10 databases including 1 HQ. you just need to use citrix or terminal services to connect user to database.

3. SBO can do both.

Hope others can give answer too.

Rgd

Steve