cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold to Party information in Service order cleared automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need a clarification.In my case Service Order getting generated from Sales Order.

Before saving the sales order,in the generated Service order(under schedule lines), Iam seeing the Sold-to-Party is populated automatically.

After saving the order,when I open the Service order, Sold-To -Party field is blank.

Why system is clearing the Sold-To-Party infor in Service order upon saving of sales order.pl suggest me.

Regards

SB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We come across a solution like this..

if the serial number profile is not maintained in the sales order material-Sold to party info is copied from sales order to service order.

If the serial number profile is maintained in the sales order material -Sold to party info is not copied from sales order to service order.

Why system is behaving like this and what could be the link..

Regards

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesan,

Again its not working for me.The requirement is WE need to populate the STP in the Service order while creation of the same from sales order.The Process is

SALES ORDER(VA01)-MATERIAL-SERVICE ORDER CREATION BASED ON VC SELECTED FOR THE MATERIAL-SAVING THE SALES ORDER

Can you suggest me where I need to use the FM (in which exit I need to use this FM)

Regards

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with this function module PM_PARTNER_MAINTAIN.

regards,

Venkatesan Anandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

One more info.I have checked with other projects where Repair Order Processing is there.In that, from Repair order (As you know its again a Sales order) Service order is getting generated with STP information.On seing this I got confused whether is a bug or some thing Iam missing out..

Regards

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

No.If I enter the STP in change mode of Service Order,its accepting without any issues.

One more information is some times in Sales Order, Service Order will not get generated due to credit limit failure.In VKM3 , if I process the same sales Order,then Service Order gets generated and in this case STP information is there.

Means,

If the service order gets generated from Sales Order,STP info is not there in SO even though its appearing before saving of Sales order.

If the Service Order gets generated outside the sales orders(in VKM3),STP information is there.

I have checked with my Technical guys....No exits in place.....any settings in Sales Order-Service Link is there for this behaviour.

Regards

SB

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like a bug...

Have a look on OSS for a suitable Note.

Else raise a new OSS Message to SAP.

PeteA

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SB,

Are there any error messages if you manually enter the STP in the service order using the same STP as the sales order?

PeteA