Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO Requirement type tobe changed

arun_kumar122
Explorer
0 Kudos

Presently all the Products Produced by make to order flow

Now We are moving Make to order to make to stock for Standard products

We have partial sales order still to be produced and delivered,We don't want delete Sales order line item

We are changed material master parameters to MTS (Strategy group/individual/collective & Consumption mode)

But Sales order Requirement type is not getting changed for existing Sales order , PIR are not consumed and Planned orders conversion are not allowed  ,If we are creating new

Line item Sales order Requirement type or OK (KE) , Pls guide us How to resolve this issue

Many thanks in advance

Arun kumar K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184737
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

For the existing material's sale order you can change the requirement type manually. Open sales order in edit mode (VA02), open the "PROCUREMENT" tab where you can change the requirement type manually. System won't change the requirement type automatically for the existing SO when you changed the planning strategy in material master. Check it and revert back.

But the better practice is, as per our expert Lakshmipathi's suggestion close the existing SO with rejection reason and then create a new SO once you hvae changed the planning strategy value at material master.

Thanks

arun_kumar122
Explorer
0 Kudos

We unable to change requirement type manually,I think we have to go for delete and recreate option only

Regards

Arun kumar K

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check your OVZI settings

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you processed this document partially or completely---then only Req.Type will go for Display.

Pl Let me know.

Phanikumar

arun_kumar122
Explorer
0 Kudos

SO document Just created and no delivery happened ,But Req type allows only display

Regards

Arun kumar K

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think, it will work if you want to follow MTS process for a MTO order.  Why dont you to assign Reason for Rejection for those open items and create a new order ?

G. Lakshmipathi

arun_kumar122
Explorer
0 Kudos

1) Volume of sales order is more ,

2) We have activated Autogenerated Serial no @ SO creation level and serial no is unique for the Product , Serial no got generated and assigned for bought-out components

Regards

Arun kumar K

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think Serial numbers will not create any problem in this scenario.

Can you please think Instead of changing the current settings for the existing materials--why dont you create some new material masters and you can keep the Block for the old materials.So you can have more clarity in MTS/MTO---Of-course it can be done with Pro and cons of Business.

Pl correct me if any..

Phanikumar