Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

significance of valid on date while creating Org Unit

former_member185116
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello all,

i have created an Org Unit through PPOCE

here the object Divisional Engineer has valid dates from 01.01.1950 to 31.12.9999 which i have entered while creating the objects,

how ever in screen shot one what does the date 07.09.2016 signifies (what is meant by valid on here),

thanks all.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

benamor_bentebba
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

• Validity dates determine the life-span of an object.
  • You must assign a validity period to every object and every infotype record that you create. By doing this, you can depict all changes that take place in your company. In this way, you obtain a dynamic view of your enterprise.
  • Validity dates enable the user to evaluate certain key data or specific time periods from the past, present or future. The data is selected according to the designated time period.
  • The validity of an object’s relationships and attributes can only exist within the life-span of the object which is defined in the Object infotype (1000). If an object is delimited, all of the object’s relationships and attributes are automatically delimited. Related objects are be unaffected.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Valid from means from which date that particular object should be created or else it should exist in the system in your case.

Thanks

Omprasad

former_member185116
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi omprasad,

thanks for your reply,

in the above image i want to know  what is this valid on ,

how does this date 07.09.2016 has come.

thanks

vinay.

benamor_bentebba