cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significance of PSG in WSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

What is the significance of creating PSG in SAP?

Like if we have two PAs Maharashtra and Karnataka and subareas like Mumbai, Pune of Maharashtra and Bangalore of Karnataka.

Then can we directly assign PSG to Company Code which contains all these PAs and PSAs?

If yes then why are we using PSG(which is simmilar to CtryGrp) in maintaining WSR instead of CoCode?

Also why CtryGrpg and PSG are same, like for grouping Indian PAs, PSG would be 40? Can we assign different ID to PSG?

Why is it not considered by SAP?

Regards,

Yogiraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Time Management, you set-up Personnel Sub-Area Groupings and Employee Sub-Group Groupings.

While some will set-up their system to have a minimum number of groupings, some others will require someting that is more elaborate.

For example, we have nearly 80 different PSA Groupings for Attendance-Absences and for Quotas, each a mirror of the other one, while we have managed to have only 2 PSA Groupings for Replacements.

Work Schedule Rules are set-up according to a combination of PSA Grouping, Calendar, ESG Grouping, and Periodic Work Schedule.  The same PSA Grouping could be associated to different Calendars, depending on the ESG Grouping, the same Calendar could be used by different PSA Groupings or ESG Groupings, etc...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Remi,

Thanks for reply.

I understand what you have said but I have one doubt.

1. Can there be more than one PSG for PSAs of of one Company Code.

For example if we have a Comapny Code 4444 for Australia and there are 5 different PSAs like Melbourne, Sydney, Waondon, Canbera and Chinchilla then can I group first two PSAs and create one PSG and then group last three PSAs and create another PSG?

2. Instead of grouping PSAs can't we use CoCode directly as we have already assigned PAs and PSAs to CoCode in Enterprise assignment?

3. Is there any rule that PSG and CtryGrpg should be same?

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1 - One Company Code with multiple Personnel Area/Personnel Sub-Areas could have a single PSA Grouping or as many PSA Groupings as it has PA/PSA combinations.  Furthermore, one PSA Grouping can be shared by different Company Codes.

2 - If your Company Code consists of 2 digits, you can probably use the same 2 digits to create your PSA Groupings, but the only way you could use Company Codes instead of PSA Groupings would be to do a lot of ABAP programming to "re-invent" how things work in SAP.

3 - I work with a single Country but multiple Companies, multiple Personnel Areas, multiple Personnel Sub-Areas, and multiple PSA Groupings.  Through se16n, look at table T001P to see the different PSA Groupings you currently have.  We use a single Country Grouping and have 130 lines detailing the PA/PSA combinations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Remi,

Thank you very much for explanation.

This has cleared a lot of doubts about configuring PSG.

Regards,

Yogiraj