cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing child items of a parent materail (BOM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have created a sales order with a parent item. I want to show all the BOM child materials below the parent item in Sales order PLD. How to go about it?

Thanx in advance

regs priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What type of BOM are you using, is it a Production BOM or a Sales BOM.

If its a Sales BOM, SAP B1 will show the child items in the Sales Documents. You can amend how the unit price is shown by going to the Administration --> System Initialization --> Document Settings and 'General' tab. You're able to show price and totals for parent items only or for components.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Its not a sales BOM, but a production BOM. Now how to display the components in Sales order or Ar invoice PLD

Regs priya

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For a Production BOM..the child component cannot be displayed. Only it will work with Sales / Template type BOM's.

Could you tell what is the purpose for displaying the child items..knowing your business scenario could help look at other options

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the client wants to show the components of production BOM. Is there any chance of showing it in PLD

priya

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think it would be possible. Unless you have it on the form itself..showing it on the PLD through associations would be hard

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Setting up the BOM as a Sales / Template BOM would let you achieve this