cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show History inacurate after upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forum,

Has anyone come across any issues with being unable to view the correct 'Show History' information after performing an upgrade from 2005 to SAP 8.8? For example I have a sales order which was entered by the user 'John' on the 2005 system and this user name is listed on the 'Tools' -> 'Show History' screen however when i check the same screen on SAP 8.8, the username is 'manager'.

Why would this be?

Regards,

Juan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agustin_marcoscividanes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

check this [note Note 1507528 - Behavior change of history tables in the database|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1507528]

In 8.8 version, when creating an item, a marketing document or a business partner(BP) and checking the history tables, such as AITM, ADOC, ACRD, you find there is no record in the tables related to the created item, document or BP. The record only exists in master data tables, such as OITM, OINV, OCRD.

When changing the existing item, document or BP, the record for final update will only be stored in master data tables. Records except the final update are stored in history tables.

Kind regards

Agustin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the above link however this doesn't seem to answer my question. Upon checking through a number of 'Closed' orders since the upgrade, when going into 'Show History' the user shown is nothing other than 'Manager' when in actual fact user 'Bob' last updated the order.

Can anyone else throw in any ideas?

Regards,

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

The above answer did answered your question because the last update user is indeed manager. Upgrade process uses manager's user id to do everything to make the upgrade working. That explained by the note.

Thanks,

Gordon