cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SG:50, Cannot convert planned orders to prod orders at BOM component level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Test scenario for Strategy Group 50 (Planning without final Assembly)

Product Structure

Material--> SG50.00 > FERT> (Strategy Group: 50)

Material---> SG50.02 --> HALB --->(Strategy Group: 40)

Material---> SG50.04 ---> ROH --->(Strategy Group: Blank)

Maintained PIRs and Ran MRP at the header level, Planned orders are created

with order type VP at levels of BOM structure. Thus cannot covert planned orders

to production orders without having sales order.

But my understanding of Strategy Group 50, is BOM components can be produced before hand (i.e.

before sales orders are recieved ). Now planned orders with order type VP not able to convert

planned orders to prod orders at BOM component level

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Kindly check the setting in MRP 4 view of Material master of BOM Components(HALB item).

In Individual/ Collective indicator it should be '2' i.e . collective. Delete the planned orders & test the process fresh.It should work, as per your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stuti/Prasobh:

Thanks for your inputs, it answers my question

Intially maintained Individual/Collective indicator to "2" at header level (FERT), which is why all the planned orders are created with order type VP

Changed the Individual/Collective indicator to "blank " at header level (FERT), and maintained Individual/Collective indicator to "2" at component level

Reran the MRP (MDO2), with the following settings --> Delete and Recreate planning data and Check mark on Also plan on unchanged components

Able to see planned orders at component level with order type LA

Due points have been assigned

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eswher,

As suggested by the Mr. Stuti, you need to define "2" - Collective requirment for SG50.02 & SG50.04 in the MRP 4 view of the material master. Currently i feel this field may be blank or "1"- Individual requirements.

Regards,

Prasobh