cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement status for a Prod. Order ? Settlement status in REM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, Greetings of the day,

Where we can see the settlement status of a Production Order which has been settled? and where we can see settlement status in REM? and what are the required configuration settings for this requirement.

If it has been asked the same question in earlier, please give me that thread link. Thanks.

Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are using production order with cost accounting (not product cost collector) then after settlement a line item gets created in below path

Goto>Costs>Analysis

If you click on the line item you can get details of settlement.

Check it, may be helpful to you.

Regards,

Sharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharat,

Yes, your answer is helpful, i think this is the only way to check the settlement of an order in cost analysis in production order itself.

And one more question to all,

How to restrict the confirmation after settlement of the order?

Regards,

Pradeep.

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

There is no status for settlement function. So you can maintain user status and activate it after settlement. And then you can restrict confirmation if this status is set.

Kindly mark the answer as helpful if your satisfied for previous one. Thank you.

Sharat

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

This not right practice to restrict the user from confirm a production order which is already settled. See those order which are in WIP means order qty was 100 and production was of 80 at every month end we use calculated the WIP and do the settlement  of these order.After reworking TECO we again start executing these order on shop-floor. This is standard business process.

So if you want to restrict the user to again confirm an orders restrict it by TECO order confirmation as per earlier posting.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharat,

Thanks for your reply, could you please explain me step step how to activate the user status to restrict the confirmation after settlement.

Thanks,

Pradeep.

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Sorry to stop here for this thread. Kindly open a new discussion because both topics are different. This is the rule in SDN forum that we can not continue the topics in same thread.

You will definitely get answer, request you to open new thread.

Thank you,

Sharat

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Go to t.code BS22 and select system status I0045 double click, check the RMRU confirm the order change into Forbidden.

Please try and come back.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brahmankar,

Could you please explain me clearly, my confusion is, as per my understand

The settlement will be done for completed (TECO) orders only, once the settlement is done those orders can not be reopened, no confirmation and no goods movement activities can be done. that is why i want restrict the user. please correct me here.

Please clarify me, whether the settlement can be done open orders also, as a part of period end closing activities?

regards,

Pradeep.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If at the end of the month if you have an open order how will you close it. Process is that we do the TECO calculate WIP, Variance and do the settlement and then again we rework that order TECO and start executing the same in next month to get order completed. In this case we need to do the confirmation of remaining quantity.

Solution aleeady I have given to you how to restrict it.

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thanks for your valuable answers, and I have collected some information from my co consultants.And I closing my thread here.

Regards,

Pradeep.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are no settlement statuses as such for orders but you can check order is settled or not by looking at Balance of the order. If it is zero then order is more likely settled completely.

During production, say when you do the confirmation/goods issue the cost objects are debited. Product Cost Collector for REM and Production Order for Discrete manufacturing are some of the Cost objects. (you can also settle production orders periodically)

When the goods are received into stock after production, system valuates these goods receipts and accordingly credits the cost objects.

The actual costs posted to an order can be more or sometime less compared to the value which was credited when the goods receipts are posted. This differences may arise because of various reasons.

And as a part of period end closing activity you have to settle the orders to maintain difference between debit and credit as zero, always!

There are some SAP standard reports which you can use to check planned values / Actual values / variances and settled values. But these report are shown in terms of amount (money) than quantity.

You can check these reports:

S_ALR_87013015 - Actual Debit/Credits

S_ALR_87012994 - Orders: Current Period/Cumulative

S_ALR_87013012 - Orders: Actual/Plan/Consumption

There are also various other reports which you can check according to your requirements.

Pavan

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SETC status in production order means Settlement rule created but it will not tell you about settlement is done or not.

In Descret manufacturing cost incure in Production order and you settle Production order.

And in REM  there is no Production order  the cost is incured  in Prodect cost collector  so for  REM settlement  the product cost collector is settled.

T. Code: KO88  - for Order settlement and CO88 -  For Product cost collector settlement.

Regards,

Alok Tiwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiwari,

If it is standard behavior of the system then its fine, I am asking this question is for user convenience.

regards,

Pradeep

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is standard behaviour.

Also check the below link which our experts have answered that when we should do settlement.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1909946

Regards,

Alok Tiwari

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

There is no status for settlement of production or process order. If order balance is zero means order is settled.

You can check the details in KKBC_ORD for order balance.

REM settlement is against a period as production is not order dependent.

You can review the product cost collector for same KKBC_HOE  or KKBC_PKO.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brahmankar,

Thank you for your reply, after doing the variance calculation system status is VCAL, likewise after settlement why the system is not showing settlement status, okay if it is standard behavior then leave it.

And one more question is, even after the settlement also I am able to do the confirmation, what are the settings needs to be done to control this.

Regards,

Pradeep.

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Settlement you should do after confirming the order and you should have the order status as TECO. Once the order status is TECO it will not let you do confirmation.

Regards,

Alok Tiwari