cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service object linking

former_member198942
Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not find any icon at the header or line item level which indicates me if any attachment or notes linked to the maintenance object if any...To be more clear if i attach any document to the notification thru DMS I see an icon in the notification tab page at header level which indicates that a document exists . But when i attach any attachment at service object level i have no indication to see whether a document is attached or no...How can i come to know it..Please assist.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member198942
Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks one n all...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you attach document through GOS (Generic object service) you will not see that document in DMS attachment place. Since attachment you are doing with GOS is not going with DMS area.

If you want to attach document for DMS then you have to attach in DIR's which inturn reflect in your Notification.

-Thanks,

Ajay

former_member198942
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay,

But i am clear with the DMS Module and the point you have explained. I still want to get confirmed that is there any field that will let me know that GOS (Serive abject attachment) exist for that particular object. If no can anyone explain me the technical reason as to why this fuctionality is not mapped or doesnt exist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did not get you what exact you are looking for.

With respect your Nomiation DMS attachment and GOS attachment..

DMS works on KPRO functionality and GOS works on Archivelink functionality.

As you are aware that DMS provides greater advantage in managing the document changes, version, so on but same thing is not possible in GOS attachment.

GOS functionality is available in most of the SAP business document where ever it is required.

Please specify if there is any specific object that you want to know on GOS or DMS functionality.

You have also mention that Maintanence order not able to find GOS .. Did you cross check the authorization object related to GOS assigned to maintanence order or not? I feel it should be authorization issue.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Edited by: Ajay Kumar on Feb 8, 2010 2:55 PM

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ShaikhMurad

No there is no indication that a SfO has been assigned.

On a previous client we did a check at save, then set a user-status if SfO assignments were made.

PeteA