cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Call Chinese font in serial number

Jos_Dielemans
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We sometimes encounter the following problem:

When we open a new service call in sap Business One version 10.0 FP 2011. When we want to search a customer serial number we get chinese signs instead of our arabic signs for existing numbers for that customer.

Has anyone an idea why this happens and how we can overcome this event?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jos_Dielemans
Active Participant

We believe it is a problem with the Add-On Coresuite Customize.

When we stop this Add-On the behaviour does not appear - so thanks for your help so far.

JesperB1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I was going to say that. In case you get into other unexplained behaviors, here are some good steps to follow to isolate the issue:

**PLEASE NOTE that all the steps below should be done in a TEST environment, they are meant to help identify/isolate what might cause the issue, they are not a solution in itself!**

a. Restore the database on a separate server.

b. Remove/do not install any of the addons that might be runningon the productive database.

c. Remove all Formatted Searches. If you are unsure if there are Formatted searches installed on the db you can run the query: select * from cshs If there are results there are formatted searches on the database. To remove them easily on a test system, NEVER use this method on a productive database (NOT EVEN if it resolves the issue), run the SQL script: truncate table cshs

d. Remove any triggers that might be installed on the database. To find triggers pleasecheck note 1320969. How to remove the triggers, please check the link below: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa258846(v=sql.80).aspx

e. Comment out any added script from the SP_ Transactionnotification.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jos_Dielemans
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have found that the error comes from the Coresuite Customize rules. When we stop Customize the error does not occur anymore. So we have to get along with checking those rules (alas).

Jos_Dielemans
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jesper, Thanks for your answer, but alas, the collation settings seem to be okay:

Jos_Dielemans
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It occurs mailnly when we enter the customer code and use mouseclick to go to the next field.

It appears on every client and under every user.

It does not appear when we fill in the customername and go further with TAB to the next field.

Thanks for your answers

JesperB1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jos,

It might be worth checking the server collation settings. This can lead to unexplained behavior at times.

Check this SAP Note 987436 - Collation Settings of MSSQL Server (SAP Business One)

Let us know how it goes and a screenshot would be helpful.

Jesper