cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service BOM - Usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

I have created Service BOM for several Materials in the system but when I am trying to use this BOM in the Structural List in Service order I get the error saying "Enter Valid object carrrying structural List".

Eg:- For the Pump I am repairing the BOM contains : 1. O-Ring Seal 2. Shaft Seal 3.Rotary Kit

Now when I create a service Order for Pump , I would like to pick Sub-items 1 and 3 as the spares consumables for the order.

But actually, in SAP Order am not able to do so..........

Please let me know if any setting w.r.t BOM is needed at the background.

Thanks

Prasad Subramanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Are you trying in the component tab list option ,where the error occurs.

Also i think you are referring service BOM as user defined category ,check with universal category

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I am trying to use the BOM from the List Structure in the Component Tab of the Order.

The BOM created is of Universal Usage type..................

But still error persits...............

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

check whether plant maintenance is marked for allowed category for your usage type .i think if you have defined as BOM usage as 4 it will get exploded while using in Service order also .kindly check and revert back

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Universal Usage type PM is not marked.

I just tried with same BOM but with Usage 4 i.e., for PM and now it is picked up and looks normal.

Thanks a lot for your help.

But general question for you,

For Service Materials like Pumps, motors, drives we don't create any Equipments as such. We just use the material itself without assignment to any Equipment.

In this case, I just create a Material BOM and do you think I can use the same in Order for the List structure??

Regards

Prasad

Edited by: Prasad Subramanya on Apr 4, 2009 4:25 PM

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you can use ,provided you have specified the same (ie Parent Material) in the operation detail of maintenance order ,then it will display in the list structure in the component tab

regards

thyagarajan