cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serialization of EQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've got a question about serialization for EQ..

So, they say that when entering serialization details, you can only specify materials that have a serial number profile entered in their master record. Nonetheless, I am able to enter material without ser number profile in it's master record..

Also, just to double check-I am assuming that to serialize existing inventory we just create ser numbers for those materials and activating EQ view in it. However for new equipment to be serialized we create serials numbers in MIGO and then doing Goods issue, so they are getting system status AVLB, so are ready to install on FL/EQ. Is that the only way to do that?

I know that with EHP 3 or 4 you can do that in one transaction simultaneously..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So, they say that when entering serialization details, you can only specify materials that have a serial number profile entered in their master record. Nonetheless, I am able to enter material without ser number profile in it's master record..

That shouldn't be possible.Maybe you are referring to Manufacturer serial number.

Also, just to double check-I am assuming that to serialize existing inventory we just create ser numbers for those materials and activating EQ view in it. However for new equipment to be serialized we create serials numbers in MIGO and then doing Goods issue, so they are getting system status AVLB, so are ready to install on FL/EQ. Is that the only way to do that?

That is just one of the way to generate the same. You can also automatically generate the equipment number on receipt.This depends on the serialization profile tied to the material master.

Regards

Narasimhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

That shouldn't be possible.Maybe you are referring to Manufacturer serial number.

I was talking exactly about Serial no profile SERNP field. If I could I would send you screenshots.

That is just one of the way to generate the same. You can also automatically generate the equipment number on receipt.This depends on the serialization profile tied to the material master.

So, do you mean that itu2019s possible to create EQ with AVLB status by Goods receipts

without even having Enhancement pack 3?

could you please describe what settings needs to be done to enable it.. before I was able to create serial numbers by checking u2018create ser numbers automaticallyu2019 at item level in MIGO, but EQ was created with system status u2018in warehouseu2019 or so, therefore the second step was required to change that status to AVLB to make it available for processing in maintenance..

Regards

Narasimhan