cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial managed to Non serial managed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client has a requirement that they want to change the material status from serialized to non serialized for the material which has already some existing stock in the warehouse?

We suggestted them to create a new material code without serial no profile, but they were not okay with this soluton, Please help me out with the proper solution?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the serial number is already assigned, you can not change the serial number profile in material master. You may check the below option:

You may create a dummy serial number profile in OIS2 without any serializing procedure. In material master, replace the old serial number profile with the new dummy profile. Check goods movement scenarios.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasoon,

If we proceed as above then what kind of goods movements can be effected beacause already existing stock is there.Is it possible to do?

Please guide me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to change the material  whose stock of material is null?

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue all the existing stock of the material against cost center in MB1A with 201 movement and then change the serial number profile as explained in my previous comment. Now, receive the stock back against same cost center in MB1A with 202 movement.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So what did you do for that ? Have you tried to change the material status for these material master ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dibyendu,

As per the standard SAP we should not change the status from serial manged to non-serial beacuse this will create lot of inconsistencies in the warehouse stock.Even system also will not allow us to change the status since some existing stock is there

Please guide me how we can go further?

former_member183424
Active Contributor