cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence for running BoM Planning

0 Kudos

As my understanding, once the user enters the end date of the production proposal, system calculates the start date of production from the end date.

However, the user wants to enter the start date of production and wants the end date of production to be calculated.

Thus, I am trying to edit the start date of the production proposal after the production proposal has been made.

But I don't know when I have to run a single BoM planning.

Two cases in which single BoM planning runs in different order are as follows.

Could I ask which case of scenario is correct?

Case 1.

"Run single BoM Planning" -> save -> "Change of start date" -> Save -> Release

Case 2.

"Change of start date" -> save -> "Run single BoM Planning" -> Save -> Release

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Anantpatel
Active Contributor

Hi eypark,

Scenario1 is Correct.

Thanks & Regards,

Anant

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, Anant.

0 Kudos

hello

PLEASE SIR I HAVE A question in the planning of Product :

if I CHOSE IN Procurement Type : Source of Supply Priority Rule

IS POSSIBLE CHOSE (Internal Procurement) just if the article have already had the composant of bom availble in stock else the system chosing External Procurement

ps : i test that the system choose directely (Internal Procurement) because have already a model of planning already relased!

sandeepyr
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Eunyoung,

Both cases are not valid in case if you want to opt for Multi Level BoM planning.

You will have to explicitly select Multi Level BoM planning.

Run Multi-Level Planning: the planning run drill down the dependent requirements among the products of the pegging network downwards.

I hope this info helps.

Regards,

Sandeep

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Could I ask whether my understanding is correct?

If the Multi Level BoM planning should be taken, are these two case not valid?

Case 1.

"Run Multi Level BoM Planning" -> save -> "Change of start date" -> Save -> Release

Case 2.

"Change of start date" -> save -> "Run Multi Level BoM Planning" -> Save -> Release

sandeepyr
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Eunyoung,

Both cases are valid here, But we need to be sure that there are no multilevel BoM, If you have observed while running with single BoM planning run and without single BoM planning run system shows same output, so there is no such hard and fast rule.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Sandeep

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, Sandeep.

As I understand your answer, if I use the "single" BoM planning, both cases have same results.

Then, could I ask which case is correct if I use "multi" level BoM planning?